Apple Gang...This Macbook Pro M1 13 Tho :wow

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
omg-oh-my-god.gif

I took that chance from two decades and some change with Windows and holy shyt, this is so spiritual.

Everything is so sleek, fast, and straight to the point. I did not have to do any sort of maintenance setting it up like previous Windows laptops and desktops. People shyt on the touchbar but this really makes things so easy to go through since I'm still a newbie with trying to use shortcuts, plus I got claws so Siri came through :wow:.

Hell it even felt surreal just opening the box and taking off the plastic. It felt like taking a jawn you had such a amazing time with back to the crib and smooth romantic music comes on while the clothes drop on the floor:whew:.

It so crazy how much I been sleeping for so many years because "expensive chromebooks".

Now I realize why Apple heads be breathing at the door like obese zombies just for a fukking IPhone.

I been converted brehs:ohlawd:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wanted something a bit more portable :yeshrug:. I am so used to bulky laptops and just wanted something compact for traveling purposes. It was either the Macbook or the MSI Stealth which I found out that the laptop overheats if you sneeze soft on it:picard:

either way have fun? what are you going to specifically use it for? videography? making beats?

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Shoulda gotten the 14in or return that and cop a maxed out Ram MBA.

Eh, as much as there is power underneath the hood of that Pro 14, I'm not going to be doing that much but writing and trying to focus on creating a blog site. This laptop is enough for that and thensome. Plus I am a sucker for the touchbar:wow:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Eh, as much as there is power underneath the hood of that Pro 14, I'm not going to be doing that much but writing and trying to focus on creating a blog site. This laptop is enough for that and thensome. Plus I am a sucker for the touchbar:wow:
If you’re just doing that i would of went with the air M1

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I despise what they've done as a company in terms of anti-consumer behavior that I can go on all day about BUT...
Time and time again I find their products the easiest to use, and have the most longevity of any of my other tech devices.
Right now I'm editing 6K RED RAW footage on a 2017 iMac on Final Cut Pro and it's handling the footage very well. (Now I'm likely going to upgrade to the new Mac mini with the ultra chip due to my projects getting more demanding overall, but my current machine is still solid and doesn't have the slightest hiccup when editing massive 4K projects)
The computer boots up just as fast as it always has and I have never had a single issue with it.
By comparison, I just copped an HP Omen with a 3080 in it, and out of the box the computer becomes unresponsive after it goes to sleep.
I've run into several driver issues with audio gear that works perfectly fine on my Alienware Laptop.
PC guys will respond to these gripes with "bwah ha ha. Why the hell did you buy an Alienware, or a HP. IDIOT!". But the point remains. In the Apple ecosystem, that high price tag comes with ease of use and longevity that is unmatched in my experience.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
I despise what they've done as a company in terms of anti-consumer behavior that I can go on all day about BUT...
Time and time again I find their products the easiest to use, and have the most longevity of any of my other tech devices.
Right now I'm editing 6K RED RAW footage on a 2017 iMac on Final Cut Pro and it's handling the footage very well. (Now I'm likely going to upgrade to the new Mac mini with the ultra chip due to my projects getting more demanding overall, but my current machine is still solid and doesn't have the slightest hiccup when editing massive 4K projects)
The computer boots up just as fast as it always has and I have never had a single issue with it.
By comparison, I just copped an HP Omen with a 3080 in it, and out of the box the computer becomes unresponsive after it goes to sleep.
I've run into several driver issues with audio gear that works perfectly fine on my Alienware Laptop.
PC guys will respond to these gripes with "bwah ha ha. Why the hell did you buy an Alienware, or a HP. IDIOT!". But the point remains. In the Apple ecosystem, that high price tag comes with ease of use and longevity that is unmatched in my experience.

Exactly. Breh I remember copping a Cyberpower PC and it did not recognize the friggin 2070 and I had to reformat the damn computer to get it to work. My old Lenovo legion was a legit heat box and kept giving me blue screens out of the box. My wife's old laptop had driver update issues that did not want to install properly.

Meanwhile, this Macbook took like seconds to get up and running. 30 minutes to transfer my stuff over (thankfully Firefox got the cloud account sync on deck), and a hour to update to the new version of Monterey, where it would take the whole day just fix up the Windows updates.

My only gripe is the fact that companies are not taking full advantage of the M1 chip because this jawn is a beast. Beyond that, I'm home:wow: