Apple CEO gets $750 million bonus

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
He probably added more if they gave him the bonus

CEOs are overpaid in America all the time.
Do you understand how big Apple was when Steve Jobs was around and how much money $750 million dollars is. Any decent business man could take over Apple and it would still rake in money as long as they don't run it into the ground.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
No way this guy adds $750 million worth of value to Apple

Easy to calculate what was Apple Market Capitalization pre Cook and what is it now? Apple is the largest cash company in its balance sheet in the history of at publicly traded companies. That cash comes from high revenue, high earnings, good reinvestment into the business and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is the ultimate decision maker on everything major that goes on with that company.

The argument that any business man can take over a successful company and keep it successful is not a good one. Oracle was at once a giant and the largest market cap company at one time and started doing stupid acquisitions that reduced its value.

Of course there are always CEOs who do not deserve and that is reflected in the value or lack thereof of the company. Apple is not one of them.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Can you show me EXACTLY how an increase in taxes on higher brackets affects lower brackets?

Explain it using economics.

zEhmvNS.png

Look at the Marginal tax rates of 2021

When they say they are making the taxes higher, they are talking about the rates/percentage. So if they make the 37% raise to 90% (Like they did in the 1950s) it becomes a sliding scale where every rate below it also gets raised. That sliding scale effects every tax bracket. The government can not make money on just the Corporations to get their desired result for Tax Revenue. They would need to tax everyone to be able to have enough money to have these Social programs. The irony is that they have to tax the poor to "help" the poor. This is why making taxes higher never achieves it's desired result. And the middle class feels the most weight from it because Corporations dodge taxes

Which is why Joe Biden during his Presidential run was selling wolf tickets about raising the tax rates to "tax the rich" knowing full well it would effect the lower income people as well.
They were tryna propose a tax where someone making 400k or more is taxed more. Which is fairytale land because the marginal tax rates will higher everyone's tax percentage
They tried to make the Social Security taxes higher for the rich, but they realized it was harder than it seems

That's why Biden decided not to raise the Corporate Tax rate either, because he knew the large corporations will just pass on that tax cost to their consumers

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Easy to calculate what was Apple Market Capitalization pre Cook and what is it now? Apple is the largest cash company in its balance sheet in the history of at publicly traded companies. That cash comes from high revenue, high earnings, good reinvestment into the business and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is the ultimate decision maker on everything major that goes on with that company.

The argument that any business man can take over a successful company and keep it successful is not a good one. Oracle was at once a giant and the largest market cap company at one time and started doing stupid acquisitions that reduced its value.

Of course there are always CEOs who do not deserve and that is reflected in the value or lack thereof of the company. Apple is not one of them.

What innovation has Tim cook done in the past decade that other decent businessmen couldn't have done if they inherited Apple?

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
zEhmvNS.png

Look at the Marginal tax rates of 2021

When they say they are making the taxes higher, they are talking about the rates/percentage. So if they make the 37% raise to 90% (Like they did in the 1950s) it becomes a sliding scale where every rate below it also gets raised. That sliding scale effects every tax bracket. The government can not make money on just the Corporations to get their desired result for Tax Revenue. They would need to tax everyone to be able to have enough money to have these Social programs. The irony is that they have to tax the poor to "help" the poor. This is why making taxes higher never achieves it's desired result. And the middle class feels the most weight from it because Corporations dodge taxes

Which is why Joe Biden during his Presidential run was selling wolf tickets about raising the tax rates to "tax the rich" knowing full well it would effect the lower income people as well.
They were tryna propose a tax where someone making 400k or more is taxed more. Which is fairytale land because the marginal tax rates will higher everyone's tax percentage
They tried to make the Social Security taxes higher for the rich, but they realized it was harder than it seems

That's why Biden decided not to raise the Corporate Tax rate either, because he knew the large corporations will just pass on that tax cost to their consumers

Oh damn. So what do you think a good solution would be?

Taco

All Star
Daps
He probably loves this job. Not having the mentality of "why even keep working" is probably part of the reason why he's in position.
It’s an addiction to people like him. I have a friend who started a manufacturing company from the ground up. It’s crazy to see them have their own HR department. His drive is crazy. He does all the remodeling to his own houses and I’m talking putting in floors and cutting his own counter tops. I know a good number of business owners and these guys just have a drive like no other. It’s truly inspiring, and makes you want to grind even harder.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think the foundation was built, Tim just rode the wave.

You and I could make Apple a billion dollar company based off of the Jobs blueprint

No because Tim Cook is an operations and mangerial genius that Jobs tried to put through the ringer and every single time, Cook hopped out like it was nothing. Read the Jobs biography.

He was hand picked by Jobs and the Apple board for a reason.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
It’s an addiction to people like him. I have a friend who started a manufacturing company from the ground up. It’s crazy to see them have their own HR department. His drive is crazy. He does all the remodeling to his own houses and I’m talking putting in floors and cutting his own counter tops. I know a good number of business owners and these guys just have a drive like no other. It’s truly inspiring, and makes you want to grind even harder.
That is how it is for one of the body shop owners I know. He paints, does body work, front desk, everything. Gets like 4-5 hrs sleepa day. He has a drive like none I seen, it's a certain characteristic certain people have to why they are successful in running business.

Taco

All Star
Daps
That is how it is for one of the body shop owners I know. He paints, does body work, front desk, everything. Gets like 4-5 hrs sleepa day. He has a drive like none I seen, it's a certain characteristic certain people have to why they are successful in running business.
Lol I know a body shop owner that’s the same way. Don’t matter what time I go there the guy is there working. Crazy.