Apparently Pokemon Sword and Shield sold 6 milly worldwide

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its one of those cases where nothing will happen until they take a hit. I have my reservations for the one trick pony that Game Freak is, but I still bought the game as I figured it would be a nice bit of nostalgia.
I am liking it so far, but I do agree that they can do a LOT more with the franchise. Certain elements (the battle system mainly IMO) are pretty stale.

its hard to play Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Fire Emblem:Three Houses, xenoblade 2,etc n then see Pokémon not really move the needle. Mario a kids game too, an older franchise than Pokémon, n still finds ways to shake things up.

sword n shield was rushed. I blame nintendo for not givin gamefreak no breathin room. They dropped 4 pokemon games in 4 years. Cant do much when you call of duty/nba2k status.

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
tbh Gamefreak knows that people especially kids will still buy the game no matter what. However i see where the people are coming from that had major complaints about the game after what we saw with breath of the wild i think the expectation was set to high for a mainline pokemon game making the jump on a console such as the switch
Yeah no shyt, pokemon is child franchise obviously meant for kids.

fukking hate all these crown ass people still clinging to their childhoods, especially when they criticizes child content for not appealing to them.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
This idea of a BOTW style Pokemon game always seemed like some pie in the sky shyt. There's no indication of Game Freak ever doing something that ambitious or outside of the box.

They have never experimented or been as creative as Nintendo's main developers.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
game freak like 2k games, they know ppl gonna by the shyt so why put a lot of effort in being innovative/bleeding edge.

they have a formula and people obviously buy it. :yeshrug:

That’s Nintendo as a whole too tho.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
shyt is fun. Plus I’ve learned when most people complain about forms of entertainment, they still end up spending money on it.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Why the fukk do people keep bringing up breath of the wild?

:dahell:
Its a completely different genre

I'd get dragon quest comparisons, but botw?

Is that the only switch game you've ever heard of or something?

The open-world scale and ambition of the game is something a lot of people believe Pokemon could push towards. Dragon Quest is another really good comparison tho.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Like I said in the main thread this was def a nostalgia but for since i havent played since Gold & Silver.

honestly nothing has changed for me expect the raids and i now know about IVs & EVs.

I hope the next iteration beyond Sword & Shield 2 takes huge risks with the formula. I know they gotta have it for all ages but i thought thats why we got lets go.

New story
Dynamic animation
Living world
Inventive puzzles

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Has anything really hurt a hyped games sales outside of pay to win lootboxes with that Star Wars game? A lot of gaming fans enjoy the complaining and skepticism phase of a rollout but end up getting the big titles anyway.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
how many people do you think were complaining? certainly not anywhere near 6 million

Daps

I find this hilarious with all the drama within the Pokemon community before this shyt came out.

All that complaining on all sides and everyone just bought the damn game anyway:mjlol:

It's a hard urge to not play the first pokemon on switch ig

I dont think anything can stop pokemon. That's the whole reason this mediocrity keeps becoming more porminent

They just have a system that is inherently fun regardless of age and gender. Once you have a formula that is just addictive as crack like that, you dont have to do too much else to make it work