Apparently If You Die On Mount Everest. You're There Forever. (pic) :damn:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Off topic, but I'm surprised Nepal hasn't developed that place yet. In the 21st century, they really should have put more stations higher up on the mountain. It would certainly help them get more revenue if more people could easily get up there. It would be a brilliant investment no matter how much it cost cause many more people would pay to go up . Instead of a laughable 800 people per year, they could easily get 80,000 people ; each paying tens of thousands to be up there .

The whole nonsense about base camps is silly. They could easily install and disperse oxygen stations throughout Everest. Especially on the top through the use of drones . Same could be said for dispersed wind shields to stop windchills. And I don't wanna hear anything about the difficulty of placing infrastructure in cold environments cause numerous govts have successfully done so in Antarctica. Numerous militaries have high elevation mountain bases as well.

I think Nepal is another example of 3rd world incompetence. If that mountain was on the Chinese side of the Himalayas I guarantee you China would have already built a trolley to the top.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Off topic, but I'm surprised Nepal hasn't developed that place yet. In the 21st century, they really should have put more stations higher up on the mountain. It would certainly help them get more revenue if more people could easily get up there. It would be a brilliant investment no matter how much it cost cause many more people would pay to go up . Instead of a laughable 800 people per year, they could easily get 80,000 people ; each paying tens of thousands to be up there .

The whole nonsense about base camps is silly. They could easily install and disperse oxygen stations throughout Everest. Especially on the top through the use of drones . Same could be said for dispersed wind shields to stop windchills. And I don't wanna hear anything about the difficulty of placing infrastructure in cold environments cause numerous govts have successfully done so in Antarctica. Numerous militaries have high elevation mountain bases as well.

I think Nepal is another example of 3rd world incompetence. If that mountain was on the Chinese side of the Himalayas I guarantee you China would have already built a trolley to the top.
This muhfukka be THINKING :wow:

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
Everest is the type of place that scoffs at man's hubris. You can enter it's domain, but understand that the mountain demands tribute for all who dare to challenge it. Sometimes, the price may be you life itself.

There's a twisted, perverse irony here. Climbers become so fixated on summiting and the immortalizing glory that comes with. The dead we see in these pics got what they wanted, immortality in the form of a warning for any successors and the summit as their eternal resting place.

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
EuiVn7oVEAAFl8N.jpg:large