AP says some of these statements about Trump at the DNC were misleading, are they correct?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
To determine which convention contained more misinformation and outright lies, we need to compare the fact-checking results from both the Democratic National Convention (DNC) and the Republican National Convention (RNC).

Democratic National Convention (DNC)

• Claims and Misinformation:
  • Abortion Ban: Vice President Kamala Harris claimed Trump would ban medication abortion and enact a nationwide abortion ban, which Trump has since denied, stating the issue should be left to the states.
  • Project 2025: Claims about Trump's involvement with Project 2025 were misleading, as Trump has disavowed the initiative despite connections to his administration.
  • National Security and Military Personnel: Assertions about Trump replacing national security professionals with MAGA loyalists were partially valid but lacked full context.
  • Trump's Comments on Military Sacrifice: Allegations that Trump called fallen soldiers "suckers" and "losers" remain unproven.
  • Economic and Healthcare Claims: Various speakers made claims about Trump's economic policies and healthcare stance that required additional context or were partially misleading.

Republican National Convention (RNC)

• Claims and Misinformation:
  • Immigration: Trump made several false and misleading claims about immigration, including a supposed crime surge caused by migrants, which is not supported by FBI statistics.
  • Economic Performance: Trump's claim about having the greatest economy in history was inaccurate, as economic growth was not as strong as during other presidencies, and the pandemic caused significant economic disruption.
  • Afghanistan Equipment: Trump's claim about leaving behind $85 billion worth of military equipment in Afghanistan was significantly inflated and misleading.
  • Hamas Hostages: Mike Pompeo's claim that President Biden did not address Americans held hostage by Hamas was false, as Biden has spoken about the issue multiple times.

Comparison

• Frequency and Severity of Misinformation:
  • The RNC appears to have had more frequent and severe instances of misinformation. Trump's claims about immigration, economic performance, and the value of military equipment left in Afghanistan were outright false or significantly misleading.
  • At the DNC, while there were several misleading claims, they often involved a lack of context or partial truths rather than outright lies. The claims were also more varied and less central to the core messages of the convention.

Conclusion

Based on the fact-checking reports, the Republican National Convention contained more misinformation and outright lies compared to the Democratic National Convention. The RNC saw more prominent and repeated false claims, particularly from Trump himself, which were central to his messaging. In contrast, the DNC had more nuanced and context-dependent claims that, while misleading, did not rise to the same level of outright falsehoods.

llama-3.1-sonar-large-128k-online
image.png

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
As I mentioned before, depending on the person and the source of information it does as it could be a complete lie.

That's with anything in general.
I'm not talking about depending or in general, I'm talking about the specific statement listed in the article, under the title of it being false and misleading, but then saying it was corroborated by a credible source. They should have just said it was "unverifiable," instead.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
This same media outlets dont have the same level of scrutiny and venom for an open fascist like trump , the succumb to his demands and acquiese, its another trump propaganda indirectly. the Republican national convention was a nazi style false propaganda, yet few articles on that

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Y'all didn't read the article. They didn't lie. Article is splitting hairs.

Trump talks out of both sides of his mouth and AP is giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah I felt they were being a bit generous for a dishonest actor.

"I mean yeah he actually did say women should be punished for having abortions but in a later interview he took it back and said that the practitioners should be the only ones punished".

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The media has been shameful with these so-called fact-checks. The mental gymnastics they're using to shield Trump from being attacked using his own words is weird.

kZ30mDy.jpeg

0PO0NhD.jpeg

RG9h7mn.jpeg

8lkopcg.jpeg

8lkopcg.jpeg

q2xwHTZ.jpeg

NImGcj2.jpeg

JkU5pV6.jpeg

DgQL7Hw.jpeg