AP says some of these statements about Trump at the DNC were misleading, are they correct?

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
If you don't know Trumps policies or why you don't want Trump. Then, you might as well sit this one out or vote Trump.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
AP is not considered the right leaning, so what are your thoughts on this?

Since when has the AP been associated with partisan bias? It’s a collective of reporters from around the world.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Essentially the difference is:
One group is telling you stuff that isn't completely accurate

Vs

One group is just plain lying.

I look forward to the days where fact checking means that both are doing the former rather than either doing the latter.

I want Republicans to actually be a serious party that anyone other than a total piece of shyt would vote for. Their debates should be good and intellectuals and other people with functioning brains can sit down and think "damn this is a tough decision" after comparing records and facts.

Genos

Superstar
Daps
News sources will try to be more neutral as we get closer to the election. Now being neutral between a liar and the truth puts you on the side of the liar

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Essentially the difference is:
One group is telling you stuff that isn't completely accurate

Vs

One group is just plain lying.

I look forward to the days where fact checking means that both are doing the former rather than either doing the latter.

I want Republicans to actually be a serious party that anyone other than a total piece of shyt would vote for. Their debates should be good and intellectuals and other people with functioning brains can sit down and think "damn this is a tough decision" after comparing records and facts.
Both are essentially essentially still considered misinformation and rightfully deserve to be called out even if one is worse than the other.

If the information is wrong, it's wrong regardless of intent.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
We call out Fox News for the misinformation all the time :mjlol:

It sounds like you have a problem with the thread and article being posted it’s actually doing what it’s supposed to do.
I don't like clickbait in my media. If I click a video titled "pawg gets destroyed by the boy" I don't want to see a stoic human wall getting rabbit thrushed by a limp esse for 6 mins.

For example, the article started off showing how Kamala is misleading us by saying Trump would enact a national ban on abortion. AP refutes this claim by effectively saying "No, the people Trump hires would enact the ban".

How does splitting hairs on policy decisions serve anyone? I mean, outside of running interference for a certain person, in attempt to establish a false equivalence. Aka both sides are lying about each other.

If this author was concerned about reporting the news, they would drop the bait title and name it something along the lines of:

"Fact checking Harris' speech"

shyt like this is why people distrust major news organizations in favor of SM. You know what you're getting when you're in an algorithmic SM bubble of bias. You have to gamble when it comes to the mainstream news. "Will these ppl waste my fukking time today?"

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
AP is not considered the right leaning, so what are your thoughts on this?

Coli accepts misinformation from the left
Y'all didn't read the article. They didn't lie. Article is splitting hairs.

Trump talks out of both sides of his mouth and AP is giving him the benefit of the doubt.