Anytime an Actor says they Hate a movie they made that I love....

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I immediately stop liking that actor forever. Is that weird? I can't really explain why i feel that way either.

Like say you are a big fan of Arnold because of the Terminator. Then he goes on a talk show and says the terminator movies are trash.
That shyt rubs me the wrong way

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I immediately stop liking that actor forever. Is that weird? I can't really explain why i feel that way either.

Like say you are a big fan of Arnold because of the Terminator. Then he goes on a talk show and says the terminator movies are trash.
Reminds me of George Michael and Careless Whisper. That song is the jam and he just shat on it.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
No, I understand the feeling.

Especially when it comes to pieces of art that end up being consumed by the masses. You get so many mixed messages and run the gambit depending on what the experience was like when you created the product.

Since they were present when the product was created, they mostly have a different concept of everything (as making media is totally different than the consumption experience) and if the product is being perceived differently in public than what they experienced, some people stay humble and just take the kudos and leave it alone.

Then, there are others that have to voice themselves because of identity conflicts; wanting to be true to yourself

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Now that I remember,

Bob Hoskins, John Leguizamo, and Dennis Hopper hated that Super Mario Bros movie from 1993.

Personally, I liked the movie due to the chemistry of Bob Hoskins and JL.

I watched it so many times that I can't keep count.

My favorite part was the part where they turned Toad into a Goomba.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

I got annoyed when I heard Arnold talk bad about "Last Action Hero".

I'm glad that it seems that he came around to it later:

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
u gotta remember most of these dudes are film school nerds that really just want to make "meaningful" indie films lol, they generally won't like any of the blockbuster type films they do and see that sort of thing as selling out

I still remember that gary oldman playboy interview when gary said he hated his performance in pretty much every popular film he ever made. even the interviewer was shocked lol

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Im the opposite:russ:. I find them more human unless they arrogant about it
Thats the thing, i feel like they are being arrogant about it when they say that. unless the film was genuinely bad.
but hating on your most succesful projects, things that put you on the map. screams entitlement to me.

mag357

Superstar
Daps

Musicians do this shyt alot.
And I feel like smacking the shyt out of them sometimes.

nikka that album u said u hated cause u just put some bullshyt on it to get off your label.

Muthafukka... Back then, that was the soundtrack to my life

:sadbron:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Nah, that just means a movie hits you different than the actor. Never heard Denzel talk about The Mighty Quinn but I'm sure our views of that movie are very, very different.