NULL
GWcgrXtXIAAFFBs

I have the finances under control babe, we're fine :ehh:

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Episode was a great watch. I liked it for a change of pace before we get in to the Lumi fukkery again.
Don't know who at HBO decided to make Industry the GOAT all of a sudden, I can't remember the earlier seasons being this good.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
And thru all of it, along with the spicy talk at work, he STILL gets to keep his job.
Because like Eric said in prior seasons and Rishi said this ep, it’s all about the money you produce for the bank. Rish’s play made them 18 million that day and they’d rather make eeveryone do a 15min meeting than part with the person who can make them 18 million dollars. And that’s the correct move to be honest. Because the most likely scenario is you’ll weed out the person who has the most problem with it, and they did when Venetia quit. And to the bank, she was useless. Now she’s not even a liability anymore.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The Ringer spoke with the director and the actor who plays Rishi, they also explain more detailed on what Rishi got himself into.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Seems realistic to me.
Because like Eric said in prior seasons and Rishi said this ep, it’s all about the money you produce for the bank. Rish’s play made them 18 million that day and they’d rather make eeveryone do a 15min meeting than part with the person who can make them 18 million dollars. And that’s the correct move to be honest. Because the most likely scenario is you’ll weed out the person who has the most problem with it, and they did when Venetia quit. And to the bank, she was useless. Now she’s not even a liability anymore.
I know they happy as hell Ven gone. Nicole dead, ven quit, that should be the end of the sexual assault shyt and the lil threat Eric/Harper pulled.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
hey Mo Selah as Rishi runs up on him covered in blood

The "trimming the hedges" foreshadowing a little heavy handed but nice touch

sometimes I'm scared to come to work.....that poor dude

mental health?!

she looks like the kind of thick c*nt who swallows her mouth wash

Sucks cock like a veal calf....how does a veal calf suck cock....

Loved how so many of Rishi's references are so dated, he's witty as fukk, but when he says things like "you're like the Stasi" and call of the "gendrame" he sounds so old to those 20 somethings LOL -but that's really the whole episodes theme right there. Aging.

.....that's a thing with aging. One of my boys would always make 90's movies references around like 25 year old women and I would clown him.

His whole convo with Eric was quotes" "you've lost the dressing room" "you traded your talented protege for a straight skirt who brightens your mornings" "if you didn't play power games with your whole team"

that was brutal.

When Eric said "get security" I was cracking up, and then how he waved them away with both hands.

lots of quotes. can see where people will say this is revolutionary in it's criticism of "toxic masculinity" and can see how others won't like that, but think the show did it masterfully, as to simply examine an issue and how it presents itself, without being overly preachy or over the top, even if there is some overreach for sure. The thing is the show and it's writing aren't dogmatic. The writing doesn't feel like some 24 old trying to go viral. it's smart, it's complex, it's cruel, it's fair, it's provocative, there are no real heroes or villains.

I get guys like Rishi, I have done way more work on myself. but have a lot of those same qualities. Love the rush. Love the risk. No fears, but am not reckless and I have better impulsive control. Extremely hedonistic. and more to the point, understand mental health, understand the changing culture but at the same time think a lot of current culture just sounds like p*ssy shyt to me. and THAT right there is like Rishi. The violent streak. When some goofball staring at his phone doesn't get out of my way like in a taco spot, I feel like choking them out, like what the fukk is wrong with you? You think I won't slap you in front of your bytch? and that's super unhealthy. but that's how you grow up and it's hard to break.

I thought it was one of the better approaches to masculinity without being preachy, but obviously some people are going to be mad at any theme or message they notice. The issue isn't the macho bravado and bullshyt - that shyt is never leaving the floor, overall. It's the fact that Rishi simply went over board, all day every day. All gas no breaks. Think about how Eric sounds on the floor VS Rishi...a lot of the same tone, just one guy is way more sexually profane lol.

Working in finance I can definitely say we have a lot of Erics, and the Rishis we have largely keep that shyt relegated to (straight) dudes while on business trips. Honestly the masculine prototype I've seen the most is Clement, from S1/S2. That older white guy who has been at the job for decades, never really advanced but has major contacts, is always seeing a protege. And wants to fukk a chick at the office but never does. That sad, faded guy who used to be somebody and is now just one of the last dinosaurs in the office who hasn't been replaced yet.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What you gotta do to get fired at Pier? Be productive?

Breh had them in the red for nearly a billion, and was threatening coworkers
be the guy who walks in the room when Eric thinks he needs to fire someone to prove himself the night after he did a coke binge with the person he was gonna fire :dead: