Anyone start MMA practice mid-30s or 40s?

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Oh one more thing. If you're a breh be careful some gyms foster a lot of White supremacists who want to try and beat up black guys.
This is true. My gym tho is a lot of Mexicans, Blacks, and white boys who've been around breh/brehitos. The boxing coach I like a lot is a white boy from New Orleans and he's just chill. Definitely helped my boxing game.

Some other gyms are white supremacist havens...which is why I think everyone who can should learn some base level striking and grappling.

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Anyone ever start practicing MMA (Wrestling, Muy Thai, BJJ, Boxing, etc.) in their 30s or 40s?

1.) Did you do it in your city, or did you do it during vacation/passport bros/expat life (i.e. Thailand, Colombia, etc.)

2.) Did you find it easy to find people that were also beginner level or near there so that you didn't get rag-dolled during sparring? Was it easy finding trainers that you were comfortable with?

3.) What kind of injuries did you suffer? Was it regular stuff like joint pain and a busted lip, or were you getting broken limbs, hematomas, cuts requiring stitches, etc.?

4.) Did you get ringworm or fungus from the grappling?

5.) Any other input you got to share?

1. Trained Muay Thai in my hometown in Louisiana.

2. Yes. My coaches and everyone for the most part came off friendly.

3. Busted lip. Par the course if you spar.

4. No.

5. Stretch. Stretch. Stretch. My hip mobility being trash was my biggest takeaway from training. Gotta loosen up them hips breh pause.