Anyone quit smoking by vaping?

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I hear mixed opinions on this. So far I'm like :yeshrug: because this is way less money, flavored, and I don't have to make goofy errands to whatever store just for poison.

Been cutting back on all my vices this year. Been six weeks without blow. Dont really do weed except occasionally so that's kinda whatever. Drinking been a struggle but I'm making a lot of progress. But I digress.

Is there anything you did in particular that helped? Did you eventually give up vaping, too?

Last edited:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
I have seen plenty of people doing it, but in my opinion it is replacing one poison for another and I feel that overall it is a net negative.

Smoking is no longer glamorous. There are barriers on advertising it. They have to be sold in plain packets.

They've basically replaced it with something new and sexy. Probably good for those looking to wean themselves off cigarettes, but not good for the next generation coming through.

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
the metal in ya lungs commercials convinced me to quit permanently :lolbron:

ITS METAL IN YA LUNGS! :damn: YA LUNGS BREHS YA LUNGS!
Lol can you link a vid of this?

I just quit Newports and alcohol cold turkey. Been a month and a half. I would have a drink on the weekend but I always end up smoking so I guess I'm sober now :yeshrug:
Yeah, aside from personal reasons, I admittedly can't handle the "lifestyle" part of these vices anymore. Too many consequences that maybe I can curb.

Drink leads to smoke, then I'm smoking weed, the gambling or some random fornication. Fight a nikka or two every fews weeks. And it's like, damn...I wasted all that time, energy, and money, when I really wanted to be reading or working out lmao.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
Lol can you link a vid of this?

Yeah, aside from personal reasons, I admittedly can't handle the "lifestyle" part of these vices anymore. Too many consequences that maybe I can curb.

Drink leads to smoke, then I'm smoking weed, the gambling or some random fornication. Fight a nikka or two every fews weeks. And it's like, damn...I wasted all that time, energy, and money, when I really wanted to be reading or working out lmao.

Everything bad that happened in my life in the last 4-5 years was all alcohol related so it was a worse problem. A lot of relationships ended and fights and other incriminating things I cant speak on. I was a binge drinker not an everyday drinker but man, it led to some fukkery. Both are terrible habits but I didn't wanna end up like some people I know who had a hole on the neck from smoking, or yellow teeth.

Last edited:

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Everything bad that happened in my life in the last 4-5 years was all alcohol related so it was a worse problem. A lot of relationships ended and fights and other incriminating things I cant speak on. I was a binge drinker not an everyday drinker but man, it led to some fukkery. Both are terrible habits but I didn't wanna end up like some people I know who had a whole on the neck from smoking, or yellow teeth.
I hope it continues to go better for you, man. Glad you dodged the bullet. Sometimes that life can be hard to get out of. I had to legit stop kicking it with people that I really fukk with just for my health.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never smoked sober but I've started vaping since December last year - haven't touched alcohol in a month and will try and redo my sober streak of 2 years

P90

Automatic Ultra Reflex
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk where I’m from / Bahston where I’m at
I did by using it to stem the cravings when they were bad, I’m talking puff or two every few hours. They have high nicotine so if you use it as a straight replacement (as frequently) it’ll probably be hard to stop that too.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Yea I haven't bought a box in a decade.

never leave home without the vape tho :russ:

I've smoked a couple cigars this spring summer tho; just to kill time and enjoy the finer things :wow: