Anyone noticed how what used to be lame to us....

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Yall nikkas are maturing and getting older, thats all.

"Society" and this "generation" aint spiraling out of control, its just that us older cats are slowly getting shifted out of the loop.

Its all good, no point complaining tho. Thats the exact same shyt that our parents and old people used to do when we was youngins lol

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm 24 and I can objectively say that the baggy pants, 5xl tee, every rapper claims to be a thug era that was popular during my HS days was much worse and more embarrassing than what's going on now. anyone who thinks different is only blinded by nostalgia

even the music nowadays is better than that D4L, snap music bullshyt that was hot while we were teens

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I'm 24 and I can objectively say that the baggy pants, 5xl tee, every rapper claims to be a thug era that was popular during my HS days was much worse and more embarrassing than what's going on now. anyone who thinks different is only blinded by nostalgia

even the music nowadays is better than that D4L, snap music bullshyt that was hot while we were teens

looking at my hs photos :merchant: at my gear(outside of jordans)

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
looking at my hs photos :merchant: at my gear(outside of jordans)

yeah, shyt is clown status

its crazy because other eras have aged decently. you look at a movie like House Party and while it might seem a little out there, the clothes still look :ehh: for the most part. even some of the shyt people rocked in the 70s and the 80s(minus the jerri curls and Prince gear) you would never rock, but you could at least understand why they were considered hot at the time

but you look at the shyt that was hot less than a decade ago and its :merchant: let's face it, us late 80s babies grew up in the worst fashion era for black folks ever. I used to wonder why my pops would :snoop: whenever he saw me leave the house. Now I understand. I wanna apologize for putting him through that

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

Yeah, we grew up in the worse era of fashion.

Its like nothing from that era is redeemable.

NBA patch jeans, evisu, 1s etc. Nothing from that era is still being worn

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is now cool to kids of this generation :what:

Talking specifically to nikkas who graduated HS from 2000 to 2007....The movie "21 Jump Street" made light of this. nikka used to be that dude in high school back in the day, and was considered a cornball when they went back. shyt was hilarious.

Listening to emo rappers is :obama: now...
Wearing skin tight clothing is :obama: now...
Gay R&B singers is :obama: now...

shyt its hilarious how a lot of things back then were considered gay or lame suddenly switched in a year or two

YBE

Banned
Daps
Yeah, we grew up in the worse era of fashion.

Its like nothing from that era is redeemable.

NBA patch jeans, evisu, 1s etc. Nothing from that era is still being worn

Fashion doesn't work like that. It takes a little longer for things to come back around. Nobody was wearing gumbys, parts, jean jackets & snap backs in 2003. It just came back. You'll start seeing glimpses of our trends in the next decade probably.

dipset_preview.jpg

cornrows-styles-for-men-664.jpg

Nike%20Air%20Force%20One%20AF1%20Mid%20All%20White.jpg

13070_beigekhaki_timberland_field_boot4.jpg

fabolous-throwback.jpg

Screen-shot-2011-09-15-at-7.08.20-AM.png

0110-480x270.jpg

rocfamalia.jpg

CamRon_2002b.jpg

Jim-Jones.jpg

I got no problem with fitted clothing. Its just that along with it, came more fakkitry. In the same breath, when everything was baggy, some nikkas was ridiculous with it, rocking 5x tall ts.