Anyone into gardening/taking care of house plants?

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
Im glad you made this thread. Im gonna keep it in mind and bump in the spring.
My list:
Dracena marginata (4)
Monstera deliciosa (2)
Papyrus
Fiddle Leaf fig
Money Tree
Nerve Plant (red and white varieties)
Purple Heart/Wandering Jew
Corn Plant
Pothos (variegated)
Ginger (just started from the grocery store root)

i also grew for about 4 months some herbs from seedsavers they were super delicious.

I fully advocate for more black people (AA/DOS) to reconnect with some plants and your heritage in this hemisphere. It only takes finding the right plant to reactivate that green thumb!

cloning! :blessed:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Im glad you made this thread. Im gonna keep it in mind and bump in the spring.
My list:
Dracena marginata (4)
Monstera deliciosa (2)
Papyrus
Fiddle Leaf fig
Money Tree
Nerve Plant (red and white varieties)
Purple Heart/Wandering Jew
Corn Plant
Pothos (variegated)
Ginger (just started from the grocery store root)

i also grew for about 4 months some herbs from seedsavers they were super delicious.

I fully advocate for more black people (AA/DOS) to reconnect with some plants and your heritage in this hemisphere. It only takes finding the right plant to reactivate that green thumb!

cloning! :blessed:

I have a dragon begonia, a wax begonia, a wandering jew that is just about dead :to:, a rubber plant that is about to die :to:, a pepperomia that may be getting ready for that upper room :to: and a peace lily. My begonias are doing great. My wandering jew was doing great for awhile but all of a suddent it started dying. I transplanted it to save it and switched its location, but it didn't help. When I made this thread, I had far more plants. When November hit, a bunch started dying off, partly because I accidentally overwatered.

Slaimon Khan Shah

SLAIMON KHAN SHAH = SHAOLIN MONK/S OF ISLAAM
Daps
Reppin
Denver, Colorado, United States of America
I think gardening has numerous benefits such as it being good exercise, it can lead to healthy eating, it can lead to getting exposed to sunlight (vitamin D intake), it can cause one to reflect upon Almighty God's creation if not even more benefits God willing!

Last edited:

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I have a dragon begonia, a wax begonia, a wandering jew that is just about dead :to:, a rubber plant that is about to die :to:, a pepperomia that may be getting ready for that upper room :to: and a peace lily. My begonias are doing great. My wandering jew was doing great for awhile but all of a suddent it started dying. I transplanted it to save it and switched its location, but it didn't help. When I made this thread, I had far more plants. When November hit, a bunch started dying off, partly because I accidentally overwatered.

Soils are the key. In the future, if it is your habit to overwater u gotta make thr soil so it drains daster. Supplement the soil with Perlite 1:1 when u bring a plant into whatever your mix is.

Also appreciate the experiences and lessons youve learned with them! They have been glad to be here with you for however long it has been!

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Soils are the key. In the future, if it is your habit to overwater u gotta make thr soil so it drains daster. Supplement the soil with Perlite 1:1 when u bring a plant into whatever your mix is.

Also appreciate the experiences and lessons youve learned with them! They have been glad to be here with you for however long it has been!
Thankd! Is perlite a fertilizer? I think the problem with my pepperomia is that I didn't transplant it well. Today I added more soil BC I felt like the roots were showing too much on one side, even though I buried it pretty good. We will see how that goes

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Thankd! Is perlite a fertilizer? I think the problem with my pepperomia is that I didn't transplant it well. Today I added more soil BC I felt like the roots were showing too much on one side, even though I buried it pretty good. We will see how that goes

Perlite is a soil amendment. I dont remember exactly what it is but it has only beneficial properties for adding it to your soil ie improving drainage, aeration, anti-caking, holding necessary water and nutrients by increasing the surface area of your soil etc.

Is the area where your plants are drafty? At different times throughout the day? Do they need more or less sunlight/heat/circulating air? One of the gingers im growing got hit with spider mites pretty hard and it spread it to my papyrus which is super tall so now i have to go thru and wipe the whole thing down and then spray it. the marijuana cultivation school of thought says all plant dis-ease (nutrient deficiency, bugs, poor growth) is a minerals issue, but mj is super super picky with that stuff. However, based on the joy you derive from the plants it is worth a shot to see what your water that u give the plants is like. Is it acidic, basic, soft, hard? I had had the ginger with the ability to drain but the container it was draining into had no circulating air. 100% humidity. I had stuffed the gallon pot of ginger into a gallon jug for portability. :snoop:

If mj is legal/decrim in your state u can go to a hydroponics store and talk with them about testing your water. Same thing at any nursery but that store that i mentioned will allow u to fine tune all that stuff at different level$ of accuracy.

InfinateOpulance

All Star
Daps
I have all sorts of plants. Bromeliades, ivy's, English ivy's, 2 different kinds of cactus plants, aloe Vera, and some other exotic plants i ordered online. They're fuzzy and purple. And bloom gold flowers.