anyone here stopped drinking alcohol?

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
From the Bay to Central CA
i used to be really bad with it. racked up 2 minor in possession charges, dui and a drunk in public :dahell::snoop: before 21.

I drink about once or twice a week now, but i keep myself out of bad situations & know my limit

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I have given up drinking a few weeks ago as well because of the awful anxiety I get the day after drinking.

I love having some drinks with dinner a couple times a week but even two drinks would still give me anxiety.

I feel your pain. I miss being buzzed :to:

what is your anxiety like?

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Had four Rolling Rocks (Target had a 6pk on sale for $3.79) during the Spurs/Heat game and I thought I only had three :lolbron:

I'm not stopping anytime soon. I can go two weeks without a sip of booze. Just like unwinding after work.

I'm a happy drunk BTW

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
i'm in the process of really cutting down. I used to have 2-3 beers avg M-F and Saturday went HAM on vodka and beer.....Now, im just trying to cop 1 TALL BOY at a time during "game nights" w/ dinner....On the weekend, it's hard to drink less than 12 good Heinekens tho. It goes good with a b:smoker:wl.

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
From the Bay to Central CA
I have given up drinking a few weeks ago as well because of the awful anxiety I get the day after drinking.

I love having some drinks with dinner a couple times a week but even two drinks would still give me anxiety.

I feel your pain. I miss being buzzed :to:

I know what you mean man. Waking up and a million thoughts running thru your brain, heart pumping in all. Jittery the whole next day.

Look up some deep breathing techniques

blvckbieber

Rookie
Daps
I got wasted two times in my life.

The 2nd time I woke up in a hospital bed.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Sober/clean since November 2006....Some days i'm barely clinging to it, staring at a bottle of Hennessey, or I smell a blunt burning, or just get the thought in my head to smoke, then it passes...thought about throwing it out the window not long ago, came home and just couldn't take another night doing the fukking dishes, cooking chicken breasts and salad at 11:30 pm on a Monday, wanted to go grab a bottle and say fukk it....

matthew2777

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i also get anxiety the next day of being drunk..why is that?

i get really weird..i cant be in public..im all jittery

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
i also get anxiety the next day of being drunk..why is that?

i get really weird..i cant be in public..im all jittery

*SWIPE*

Scientists believe that alcohol causes or at least increases anxiety in 6 basic ways and here they are.
1. Mood
Alcohol can affect our mood because it can affect the level of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is a feel good brain chemical that when in short supply can cause feelings of anxiety and depression.

2. Drop in blood sugar
A drop in blood sugar can cause dizziness, confusion, weakness, nervousness, shaking and numbness. These symptoms can most certainly trigger a bout of anxiety.

3. Dehydration
This has been known to cause nausea, dizziness, fatigue, light-headedness and muscle weakness. These symptoms wouldn’t cause anxiety per say but they add to a sense of illness which fosters anxiety.

4. Nervous System
The nervous system is affected because in order for the body to fight off the sedative effects of alcohol it puts the body into a state of hyperactivity in order to counteract this effect. This hyperactivity can lead to shaking, light/sound sensitivity and sleep deprivation.

5. Heart Rate
Your heart rate can become elevated as a result of consuming alcohol which can cause a palpitation false alarm and put you into a state of anxious anticipation. Is it a heart attack or isn’t it you might ask. This “what if” questioning can increase your general state of anxiety.

6. Concentration
A hard night of drinking can also make you hazy, bring on headaches and create a sense of disorientation.
So if you’re going to have a glass of wine with dinner I don’t think you should be concerned. On the other hand, if you’re a heavy drinker, or binge drinker, then this might cause a real problem for you.

As someone who is an alcoholic and suffers from panic attacks. I assure you this is pretty on point shyt.