Anyone Here Got Property They Rent Out?

FijiWatr

Rookie
Daps
why would i need a lawyer?
you want to make sure you have a notarized note incase a tenant refuses to pay.
Saying to a court I made him sign an agreement may not fly if there is no lawyer involved.
It's cheap. $100-150 can get you one

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
would you say its worth it?

honest opinion

Yea I think so, but then I'm pretty lazy. Like other dude said they did all the background and credit checks, showed the property, they do quarterly inspections to make sure they aren't putting holes in the walls and whatnot. They aren't perfect, but I'd hate to have to be involved every time something goes wrong. As it is, all I do is wait for rent checks at the start of the month. It's pretty sexy.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Hey Harlem, if you grew up in Harlem, how is a home in Harlem a bad environment? You can easily run studios for 1000 in Harlem?

Aside from that, props on you getting some property.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
I'd definitely run credit or have the potential tenant bring a copy of their current credit report.

Craigslist is cool for advertising, most people don't look in the newspaper anymore. There are plenty of websites, like Truila you can use as well.

I'd definitely look for people who have been on the job for more than 2 yrs.

If you go with a tenant who uses a government subsidy (which is a good idea if you get a good tenant) I'd one, check their credit for any evictions, Section 8 runs background checks on all people on the lease before issuing moving papers to a tenant so you dont have to worry about that and I would definitely ask to visit their current home to see how well they maintained their current apt. Its pretty much guarantee monthly rent on the condition that you keep your property up to their standards and if your a good landlord that won't be a problem anyway.

I'm an active listener so when Im talking to a potential tenant I listen for certain things. If they ask me how much are the monthly heating and electric bills are averaging, I like that. If they ask about schools or crime in the area, I like that. If they ask about the other tenants in the building and rules of the building like radio levels, can they bbq in the backyard, who does the building maintenance etc. I'm interested in that person because that tells me they care about how they live and where they live.

Definitely get familiar with what you can and can not do as a landlord and be prepared and know what to do if you have to evict someone.

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
Hey Harlem, if you grew up in Harlem, how is a home in Harlem a bad environment? You can easily run studios for 1000 in Harlem?

Aside from that, props on you getting some property.

i lived in ct as a kid

out in hartford

its one of the poorest citys in the world. they had an opera special and all that

me and my brother decided to buy this house on the street we lived on

we have alot of family in the carpentry, electrical and plumbing businessso we saved a lot of money

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
I'd definitely run credit or have the potential tenant bring a copy of their current credit report.

Craigslist is cool for advertising, most people don't look in the newspaper anymore. There are plenty of websites, like Truila you can use as well.

I'd definitely look for people who have been on the job for more than 2 yrs.

If you go with a tenant who uses a government subsidy (which is a good idea if you get a good tenant) I'd one, check their credit for any evictions, Section 8 runs background checks on all people on the lease before issuing moving papers to a tenant so you dont have to worry about that and I would definitely ask to visit their current home to see how well they maintained their current apt. Its pretty much guarantee monthly rent on the condition that you keep your property up to their standards and if your a good landlord that won't be a problem anyway.

I'm an active listener so when Im talking to a potential tenant I listen for certain things. If they ask me how much are the monthly heating and electric bills are averaging, I like that. If they ask about schools or crime in the area, I like that. If they ask about the other tenants in the building and rules of the building like radio levels, can they bbq in the backyard, who does the building maintenance etc. I'm interested in that person because that tells me they care about how they live and where they live.

Definitely get familiar with what you can and can not do as a landlord and be prepared and know what to do if you have to evict someone.

real good info

im checkin out Truila right now

Yea I think so, but then I'm pretty lazy. Like other dude said they did all the background and credit checks, showed the property, they do quarterly inspections to make sure they aren't putting holes in the walls and whatnot. They aren't perfect, but I'd hate to have to be involved every time something goes wrong. As it is, all I do is wait for rent checks at the start of the month. It's pretty sexy.

do you have to sign any contracts?

like if you hire them. do you have to keep them for a certain time period?

you want to make sure you have a notarized note incase a tenant refuses to pay.
Saying to a court I made him sign an agreement may not fly if there is no lawyer involved.
It's cheap. $100-150 can get you one

im gonna do this

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Don't worry about their credit, they're renting not buying because of bad credit most of the time you have to know how to read people. No you don't need a lawyer. You do best a contract.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't worry about their credit, they're renting not buying because of bad credit most of the time you have to know how to read people. No you don't need a lawyer. You do best a contract.

Copy+%25282%2529+of+bad-advice.jpg

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps

i mean i think a lawyer would be a smart investment

if anything happens i want to make sure that im protected

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
No old people and no young single mothers... You will never be able to get them out if they stop paying. look for working family (30-50)

And please, please, please .... do not sleep with your tenants ... maybe one of their friends, but not the tenant.

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
very overrated experience:ehh:
choose who you rent to wisely and never family
or a female you fukk.

a0yqua.jpg

i already got family members that live out there hittin me up

my grandmother told me not to do it

i dont got time to mix money and family together

No old people and no young single mothers... You will never be able to get them out if they stop paying. look for working family (30-50)

And please, please, please .... do not sleep with your tenants ... maybe one of their friends, but not the tenant.

what if she a bad bytch

renting a house out to her would be leverage i could use

mikeEpps_zps793cb969.png

but seriously based on the demographics the single parent thing might be something i have to consider

Daps
Reppin
St louis
i already got family members that live out there hittin me up

my grandmother told me not to do it

i dont got time to mix money and family together

what if she a bad bytch

renting a house out to her would be leverage i could use

mikeEpps_zps793cb969.png

but seriously based on the demographics the single parent thing might be something i have to consider

Listen to what I telling you:ufdup:
Family is gonna think they can owe you rent
and the broad is gonna think that p*ssy is rent being
paid.
fight temptation and get your income coming in.
a0yqua.jpg

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
Listen to what I telling you:ufdup:
Family is gonna think they can owe you rent
and the broad is gonna think that p*ssy is rent being
paid.
fight temptation and get your income coming in.
a0yqua.jpg

Wise Words Spoken From Cat Piss Martini

a0yqua.jpg

EDIT: everytime i read ya post i imagine it how a pimp would say it. i picture the nikka in the gif saying it lmaoooooooo