BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I came up and made a lil investment in a 3 family house

any advice or things i should know?

whats the best way you advertise?

1. You definitely want a home warranty, that way when things break, you can just call them and pay the service fee rather than having to come out of pocket for repairs.

2. Call your insurance company and make sure that your policy is a RENTER policy, otherwise if something goes wrong, they may not cover it.

3. 100% of everything you do with that property is tax deductible. Everything. That's HOA fees, gas used while driving there, advertising fees, etc... it's a beautiful thing.

4. Don't be afraid to turn down potentially bad tenants.

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
look for older people wit good jobs cuz you know they not gone be on some bullshyt

good looks. they property is actually in the neighborhood i grew up in. we refurnished the entire place. new everything. the neighborhood is a poor environment. im actually researching and i think ima do some type of interview process

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
1. You definitely want a home warranty, that way when things break, you can just call them and pay the service fee rather than having to come out of pocket for repairs.

2. Call your insurance company and make sure that your policy is a RENTER policy, otherwise if something goes wrong, they may not cover it.

3. 100% of everything you do with that property is tax deductible. Everything. That's HOA fees, gas used while driving there, advertising fees, etc... it's a beautiful thing.

4. Don't be afraid to turn down potentially bad tenants.

thanks alot. from ya post alone i think i gotta grab some books to read up on

i didnt even know about 1-3

im writing up the ads right now. im actually thinking about hiring a professional photographer to take pics

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thanks alot. from ya post alone i think i gotta grab some books to read up on

i didnt even know about 1-3

im writing up the ads right now. im actually thinking about hiring a professional photographer to take pics

Glad to help. Lemme know if you have any other questions.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
I'd look into hiring a third party administrator for the tenants, they do the background checks, credit, etc. for you, and usually most of the advertising. I'd probably want to make things as easy as possible for myself, and that's usually what a lot of my clients do regarding their properties.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd look into hiring a third party administrator for the tenants, they do the background checks, credit, etc. for you, and usually most of the advertising. I'd probably want to make things as easy as possible for myself, and that's usually what a lot of my clients do regarding their properties.

I do this too. Those fux take 10% tho, and sometimes fukk shyt up. On my last month's statement, I saw $327.00 in "maintenance fees" so I asked why they didn't contact the home warranty company. So far no response. I think I'm about to fire them.

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps

appreciate that

im gonna look into that

i hope it isnt expensive

between the remodeling im kinda focused on channeling my money

but the background and credit check is a must

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
I do this too. Those fux take 10% tho, and sometimes fukk shyt up. On my last month's statement, I saw $327.00 in "maintenance fees" so I asked why they didn't contact the home warranty company. So far no response. I think I'm about to fire them.

would you say its worth it?

honest opinion