Anyone got any tips on lining up/giving urself a shapeup?

Daps
I think imma start doin that, fukkin hate how fast my hair grows.

Got a fresh cut on tuesday and by yestersday you could see all the fuzz growin back on my sideburns and my hairline. shyt is scusting I'm a broke nikka I cant afford to go to the barbershop every week

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
I use a razor and a card for line ups.

I didn't use a razer, just the Andy T liners but this CARD shyt is the rosetta stone breh

:win:

I just used the card for the first time to trace my shyt, shyt looking sharper than a muthafudge , friend. I used a reg ol' playing card for this bytch too, lucky number 8

200px-Playing_card_spade_8.svg.png

:takedat:

Pos rep

Daps
I aint reading thru this redundant thread so pardon me if I put up something that was already posted.

Tips:​
Take your time: Better to spend hours cutting your hair and do a good job than rush and spend weeks growing it back.

Use weak/dull clippers in the beginning: If you make a slight mistake with weak/dull clippers, then the mistake wont be as visible. If you use those professional joints and make a mistake it will be obvious. This is just until you feel comfortable holding/maneuvering the clippers, then you can graduate to the sharp clippers.

Use two mirrors: Hand held mirror and the bathroom mirror. Obvious reasons.

Use a clamping motion: personally I like to use a clamping motion when I do my outline (versus a tracing motion) cause it gives a sharper looking cut. By clamping motion I mean the clippers are elevated above your hairline then you 'clamp' down by touching your hairline with the clippers. (instead of tracing across your forehead with the clippers.)

You'll get better with time and experience.

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
placing the card over ur hairline and just shaving off the little bit thats coming out of the bottom or side (depending on if ur shaping up the front or sides)

shyts a noob trick but it works like a charm, never thought i could get my hairline this sharp by myself so quick