Anyone Ever Rent A Room Out?? Experiences??

Family Man

Banned
Daps
damn breh. gotta give a few details. how long did you stay??
At the time the lady was probably in her late 30's early 40's and broke as fukk. I was living in Queens at the time and the rent for the room (actually it was the attic) was $600 a month.
The house was falling apart. The Haitian food that they used to cook stinked :gag:.
They used to invite me to eat with them but I never did.

There was a period of time when there was no electricity so a nikka had to be showering and using the bathroom with a flashlight at nights. There were mice in the attic. You could hear them running about at nights :damn:

The lady didn't have a man but she had two teenaged children (boy and girl) and another child that was about 6 years old. She also had her mom living with her.

The lady used to work at nights and be home in the day times. Sometimes when I didn't go to class I'd be in the attic and come downstairs to find her sleeping with her bedroom door slightly open with no draws on :damn:

There was only one bathroom in the house and I'd come down from the attic to take a piss only to find her sitting on the toilet pissing with the door open :damn:

The teenage son was cool but he was bad as hell and used to always be in arguments with his mom. The teenage daughter was fast as hell.

I stayed there for about six months :to:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Check out the room before saying yes.
I wasn't getting along that great with the homeowner's wife who was a total biotch.
So, I check out this other house that a man owned. He had 4 other renters. The driveway was packed. I would have had to park off street. I enter the home in the living room and it was a bit dark. Smelled a bit dank. Then, I follow him through the kitchen, Creep city, level 100. He had all these cat flea collars on a towel bar. :wtf: A lot of cats in the living room too. I proceed to follow him to a bedroom which was quite clean. While he's talking and describing the house rules and stuff, he says "... and you can have your girlfriend come over anytime..." It's like I never said I had a girlfriend. I look around and am thinking, is there a peep hole or something. It weirded me out. He weirded me out. He looked weird. He talked weird. I told him I was looking at other places too. It was a lie. I ended up staying at the current house until I could afford an apartment.
yea im def gon have to take a tour and HOPEFULLY get to meet everyone that will be livin there. ima have to make a decision quick cuz i have nowhere to stay. looks like ill be staying in a hotel till i can find a spot

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I'm renting from a place that provides off campus living to my school. I'm not doing it through the school though so I have it leased for a year.

Been about a week so far and im loving it. I already knew one of the other tenants and I met the other 2. Big soft spoken punk nikka who never leaves his room, he complained about the smell of my danked out room to me today :rudy: I'm boutta bring a a whole rack of people here today. and a big gay dude who always got bytches over so he's cool with me.

I smoke in my room all day long, it's great.
:huhldup: u sound like the type of roommate i would NOT want lol preciate da input breh

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
My buddy rented a room out. Dude ended up being schitzo.

Another never went anywhere. Always at the crib during when nikkas were tryin to mate on the couch. Cant be feeling on some chicks thigh n a lame come out the room in his boxers lookin like urkel goin to get some orange juice. Mood killer.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of places will allow you to do a month to month but you just pay a higher rent. See if you can find a studio that does a month to month first. I wouldn't rent a room from strangers...just seems awkward. What if they aren't clean?

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the time the lady was probably in her late 30's early 40's and broke as fukk. I was living in Queens at the time and the rent for the room (actually it was the attic) was $600 a month.
The house was falling apart. The Haitian food that they used to cook stinked :gag:.

There was a period of time when there was no electricity so a nikka had to be showering and using the bathroom with a flashlight at nights. There were mice in the attic. You could hear them running about at nights :damn:

The lady didn't have a man but she had two teenaged children (boy and girl) and another child that was about 6 years old. She also had her mom living with her.

The lady used to work at nights and be home in the day times. Sometimes when I didn't go to class I'd be in the attic and come downstairs to find her sleeping with her bedroom door slightly open with no draws on :damn:

There was only one bathroom in the house and I'd come down from the attic to take a piss only to find her sitting on the toilet pissing with the door open :damn:

The teenage son was cool but he was bad as hell and used to always be in arguments with his mom. The teenage daughter was fast as hell.

anymore stories?? :shaq:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The schitzo roomateused to ask my boy if he heard the people yelling last night. They kept him up making a lot of noise. My boy didnt hear it. Eventually this evolved into him hearing people outside talking shyt about him. Like someone in another condo somehwere was laughin n he thought they were talkin about him. He made up a story about calling the apartment manager about the noise and getting into a fight where the police were called and he calmed everything down so he didnt get a disturbing the peace charge..

None of this actually happened. He eventualyl said he didnt feel comfortable living there and bounced.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I'm doing this now until I get a single apt next year. My roommates are cool and quiet. house is clean. rent is 350 including EVERYTHING. I save so much money.

and its month to month. i am just doing it until i find a good roommate for a 2 bedroom or get a single apt. im 24 so im in no rush. and its a good way to network and meet people when you move to a new area.

Any specific questions?

I also did it when I lived in my last state, for my internship. Made great friends with the roommates.

Search for young professionals or grad students in a house share situation. dont get a "room" with a shared kitchen and living room. that sucks and its always creepy old men and shyt.

NO PARTY ANIMALS or OLD MEN.

If you pm me the place youre moving too, I'll even search for some rooms for you. I'm a pro at this now lol

Fckumeen

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Over There...

:wow:..:bryan:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I rented a room out of a house from a homeowner. It was okay. I had a bedroom upstairs. They lived on the main floor. There were two other dudes renting a room out of the basement. It was extra cash for the homeowners.
Quiet neighborhood. Didn't have a TV.

the problem is when u renting a room from some other random dudes, whats the parameters when it comes to bringing broads over? are u allowed to just go in they fridge and :eat: whatever? do u gotta help do chores and keep the spot clean? how does it work?

Erdos

Rookie
Daps
I rented out a room just over a year ago for 8 months when I moved out west for work. It was awful, one guy was an alcoholic and some fat chick that never left her room. :damn:

Got my own apartment after that :win:

Like others have said get rooms with professionals and not just random people.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
the problem is when u renting a room from some other random dudes, whats the parameters when it comes to bringing broads over? are u allowed to just go in they fridge and :eat: whatever? do u gotta help do chores and keep the spot clean? how does it work?

and this is how it ALWAYS starts...

ego's

it always starts out nice and respectful..

beware......