Anyone Ever Rent A Room Out?? Experiences??

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
starting a new job next week and relocating. havent found an apartment yet and dont wanna make a rush decision. (the one i almost settled on had a 15month contract but i decided it against it since it was too far from the job and gas was gonna kill me) im thinking bout possibly renting out a room since its cheaper and usually have shorter contracts till i can find my own place. the thing is that im pretty much a loner and has lived alone for the past 6 years and the thought of sharing a house with 2-3 other strangers is :scusthov:. anyone else ever do this?? what were your experiences??

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
yougonnagetraped3ku.jpg

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
As long as your roommates are responsible and respectful and got that rent money then you're straight.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I rented a room out of a house from a homeowner. It was okay. I had a bedroom upstairs. They lived on the main floor. There were two other dudes renting a room out of the basement. It was extra cash for the homeowners.
Quiet neighborhood. Didn't have a TV.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
i do so while going to school and it has been hit & miss

last year i was renting a room and when people would be over my landlord would come and hang out at her computer

was awkward often

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I did when when I just moved out on my own. Rented a room from a Haitian woman/family that was down on her luck. Worst experience ever.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Check out the room before saying yes.
I wasn't getting along that great with the homeowner's wife who was a total biotch.
So, I check out this other house that a man owned. He had 4 other renters. The driveway was packed. I would have had to park off street. I enter the home in the living room and it was a bit dark. Smelled a bit dank. Then, I follow him through the kitchen, Creep city, level 100. He had all these cat flea collars on a towel bar. :wtf: A lot of cats in the living room too. I proceed to follow him to a bedroom which was quite clean. While he's talking and describing the house rules and stuff, he says "... and you can have your girlfriend come over anytime..." It's like I never said I had a girlfriend. I look around and am thinking, is there a peep hole or something. It weirded me out. He weirded me out. He looked weird. He talked weird. I told him I was looking at other places too. It was a lie. I ended up staying at the current house until I could afford an apartment.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Check out the room before saying yes.
I wasn't getting along that great with the homeowner's wife who was a total biotch.
So, I check out this other house that a man owned. He had 4 other renters. The driveway was packed. I would have had to park off street. I enter the home in the living room and it was a bit dark. Smelled a bit dank. Then, I follow him through the kitchen, Creep city, level 100. He had all these cat flea collars on a towel bar. :wtf: A lot of cats in the living room too. I proceed to follow him to a bedroom which was quite clean. While he's talking and describing the house rules and stuff, he says "... and you can have your girlfriend come over anytime..." It's like I never said I had a girlfriend. I look around and am thinking, is there a peep hole or something. It weirded me out. He weirded me out. He looked weird. He talked weird. I told him I was looking at other places too. It was a lie. I ended up staying at the current house until I could afford an apartment.
:shaq:

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
I'm renting from a place that provides off campus living to my school. I'm not doing it through the school though so I have it leased for a year.

Been about a week so far and im loving it. I already knew one of the other tenants and I met the other 2. Big soft spoken punk nikka who never leaves his room, he complained about the smell of my danked out room to me today :rudy: I'm boutta bring a a whole rack of people here today. and a big gay dude who always got bytches over so he's cool with me.

I smoke in my room all day long, it's great.