Anyone else prefer Sicario: Day of the Soldado over the original?

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I watched both of them and I liked both, but actually preferred the 2nd. While the critics universally seem to prefer the first.
Maybe it's because I was a little buzzed when I watched the first one. But the plot of the 2nd one was more cohesive and entertaining to me.
My guess is that the 2nd one is more "macho" and action packed so it gets dinged by the critics for that.

March Madness

All Star
Daps
2nd one jumped the shark

First one had better supporting actors in Blunt, Jon Bernthal and Kaluuya. Emily Blunts character was a highlight.
bytch was always concerned and it contrasted the quiet assassin vibe of Del Toro perfectly.

2nd one falls apart when the lil girl escapes.
if it stuck with the idea of getting the Cartels to start a war with one another it could've been on par with the 1st one.

the scene with Alejandro getting shot in the face....what was the point of that shyt lol

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
2nd one jumped the shark

First one had better supporting actors in Blunt, Jon Bernthal and Kaluuya. Emily Blunts character was a highlight.
bytch was always concerned and it contrasted the quiet assassin vibe of Del Toro perfectly.

2nd one falls apart when the lil girl escapes.
if it stuck with the idea of getting the Cartels to start a war with one another it could've been on par with the 1st one.

the scene with Alejandro getting shot in the face....what was the point of that shyt lol

It had some wtf moments for sure, but this is the kind of movie where I enter with complete suspense of disbelief.