Anyone Else Not Give A **** About These "Tragic" Events?

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I keep hearing everyone talking about how sad, tragic this is. People on the news shedding tears, "man that was horrible" like they actually care. Then I get asked and I gotta say "yeah that was pretty bad :ehh:"

Seems like every time something like this happens I can't give two shyts unless I'm affected directly.

Do you really care? Why?

Yeah it sucks that some people died, but I didn't know any of them so :manny:

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Meh, i get where you comin from but it's still human life bein thrown in da bushes breh. We all got a lil bit of a connection just on dat front alone.

But i'd be lyin if i said i don't feel shyt when i hear about a brotha and/or sista losin dey life ova some senseless bullshyt. No cism, but it's just when it comes to mah peoples it hits home a bit more. :manny:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty much.

Even when 9-11 happened, I was just :ehh: about it. Like you said if it doesn't impact me or my family directly, :manny:....

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Meh, i get where you comin from but it's still human life bein thrown in da bushes breh. We all got a lil bit of a connection just on dat front alone.

But i'd be lyin if i said i don't feel shyt when i hear about a brotha and/or sista losin dey life ova some senseless bullshyt. No cism, but it's just when it comes to mah peoples it hits home a bit more. :manny:

Yeah that makes sense, cause it affects you in some way. But like people that are shedding tears on the news or at work people that are like "This is so sad.:sadbron:":stopitslime: You don't really care, your just expected to care.

I do feel some kinda way that some psycho ran up in a theater and started spraying at little babies, but people really acting like this is the worst shyt to happen in the world

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I care about the event, mainly because I'm a parent and it just sucks when stuff like this happens in school, movie theaters and public places cause you just feel like your kids aren't safe anywhere.

But I do get annoyed by the constant posts on facebook & Twitter about how ther heart goes out and they are sending their condolances to the people in Aurora as if they know those people in anyway or form. Its becomes a little much.. I feel bad for those people too but the they way the media hypes these events up are the MAIN reason why they keep happening. PEOPLE WANT ATTENTION

KlinicalCynic

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Mile High
Ehh, I can understand the lack of empathy, I'm guilty of this too. What I've come to find is that it affects you differently when it affects you directly. This shyt happened in my back yard and affected people that I know personally, so yeah, I care more about this than say VA tech or 911

:manny:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Unfortunate but I'm not thinking about it or losing sleep. I can't blame people who do or don't.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
I care about the event, mainly because I'm a parent and it just sucks when stuff like this happens in school, movie theaters and public places cause you just feel like your kids aren't safe anywhere.

:lawd:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I feel for the families that where directly affected by this. But what i dont like is that everytime it's a tragedy we talk about how to prevent it for two weeks. Then the public looses intrest and nothing ever gets done. American culture is fukked, and tragedies like this will continue to happen.

Red Omega

MANTRA
Daps
Reppin
New York
i usually dont care about anything unless someone i know and care about is affected..

but this one kinda got me a bit, gotta admit..but cant dwell on these things.

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
I feel where you're coming from. Terrible things happen all over the world everyday. I care enoguh to read up on tragic events and try to get an understanding but if you put too many heavy emotions on all the shyt that happens in the world I'd probably get too depressed. Life must go on.