Anyone else have trouble switching from 60fps+ gaming back 30fps?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This. I play COD at 120fps and go all the way down to 30fps on games that were on the PS4. No problems making the switch.

All that Resetera/Neogaf hyperbole always rubbed me the wrong way. Motherfukkers talking about getting eye strain and motion sickness going back to 30. That sounds like you need a MRI or something. :mjlol:
For me it’s the fact that their are so many great experiences available at 60fps and up I’d rather just play those instead of something stuck a 30. Gonna have to be a masterpiece of a game to have me slumming around at 30fps again.

In the past you didn’t have these options. You don’t wanna play 30fps games you were missing out on a lot.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Says this and then dances through the streets for Miles Morales and Demon Souls

Sony stans :mjlol:
Ya’ll find it hard to believe that some people can be capable of more than one thought at once so let me slow it down for you like conceited the battle rapper...:mjlol:
Miles Morales is a very dope game
I wish Sony and Xbox actually launched their consoles with some exclusives to really show off what the console can do beyond improving previous gen games. In terms of keeping games looking great vs frame rates...
Locked 30fps is perfectly fine.
Locked 60fps would be awesome
120fps isn’t even a real conversation right now given the hard time these consoles are having with 4k 30-60fps already. Hopefully as time moves on devs get more familiar with the hardware and give us more 4k 60fps games as a standard.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This. I play COD at 120fps and go all the way down to 30fps on games that were on the PS4. No problems making the switch.

All that Resetera/Neogaf hyperbole always rubbed me the wrong way. Motherfukkers talking about getting eye strain and motion sickness going back to 30. That sounds like you need a MRI or something. :mjlol:

A lot of gamers are elitist. Given the main demo of gamers, it really isn't surprising. Even in here, you got people thumbing their nose at shyt and I can do nothing but roll my eyes at the bullshyt:heh:

That being said, 60fps ideally would be the optimal experience and I wish more games could utilize it on consoles. Going from 60 to 30 is jarring at first, but your eyes get used to it. Now when that shyt drops to 15 on some of these poorly optimized games, that's when shyt really looks like a slideshow

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yup no way in hell I’ll play anything at 30fps going forward.:hhh:
:what: nikka I been saying this for years now and u would :juelz: ur way through it. Lol. When I would say performance >>>> all that other shyt which is why the PC versions of these multiplat games are better majority of the time. But I have no issue with locked 30 on console because this is a reality Ive been dealing with so long even since the PS3 and 360 was out. PS4 and Xbox One launched weaker than my PC at the time. Which is what I was trying to tell people about EXPECTATIONS back then as well. It’s honestly a miracle that Cyberpunk was even able to run at all on the last gen consoles being that they don’t even meet the minimum spec to run the damn game. Lol

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:what: nikka I been saying this for years now and u would :juelz: ur way through it. Lol. When I would say performance >>>> all that other shyt which is why the PC versions of these multiplat games are better majority of the time.
I admitted that my view changed.
30fps feels so dusty now. Don’t think I can play anything at 30fps anymore.

Ive been one in the past to not care/notice so much, even opted to play some stuff on PC at 30fps if I felt the extra graphics were worth it.

Now it just feels so bad. Any unpatched game on series X feels too slow and dusty. I tried to play Journey to the Savage Planet and I couldn’t. :smh:

:manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
tenor.gif
:mjlol:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:what: nikka I been saying this for years now and u would :juelz: ur way through it. Lol. When I would say performance >>>> all that other shyt which is why the PC versions of these multiplat games are better majority of the time. But I have no issue with locked 30 on console because this is a reality Ive been dealing with so long even since the PS3 and 360 was out. PS4 and Xbox One launched weaker than my PC at the time. Which is what I was trying to tell people about EXPECTATIONS back then as well. It’s honestly a miracle that Cyberpunk was even able to run at all on the last gen consoles being that they don’t even meet the minimum spec to run the damn game. Lol

It's apparent human nature to look down on things and people when you have and/or get better.

ridge

Daps
could only play tlou 2 for a few hours and i got it on launch day

waiting for ps5 upgrade

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Lol yeah some people just love hyperbole when discussing these things. I get it, 60 and up is amazing but 30fps ain't the end of the world now. :pachaha:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
It's jarring going from 60 to 30 but your eyes adjust to it. When I went from Nioh 2 to FF7 Remake it felt nearly unplayfor the first hour. But after a while i got used to it.