Anyone else have trouble switching from 60fps+ gaming back 30fps?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Native 4k locked 30fps with ray tracing as a standard would be flames.
4k 60 is awesome on shooters and helps incredibly with the responsiveness of the game overall.
The sacrifices that it takes to hit 120fps aren’t appealing to me at all.
It’s really gonna depend on the game as far as what I prioritize.
I’ll tell you one thing, more frames per second isn’t necessarily gonna make you like a game that you already didn’t like. More important than trying to hit “bleeding edge” buzz words is brand new games and not the same recycled sequels and remasters.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
I play from 30~120fps.

120fps is the best obviously but 60~100 with G sync is super smooth.

30fps is basically relegated to console games since they can often have good frame pacing and a smooth, locked 30fps like in Spider-Man was perfectly fine imo.
This. I play COD at 120fps and go all the way down to 30fps on games that were on the PS4. No problems making the switch.

All that Resetera/Neogaf hyperbole always rubbed me the wrong way. Motherfukkers talking about getting eye strain and motion sickness going back to 30. That sounds like you need a MRI or something. :mjlol:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The resolution difference is barely noticeable but theres a big difference between 30fps and 60fps.

Yeah, I think I only checked it out (Fidelity mode) when I first started the game. The game already looks amazingly good in Performance mode. I was fooling around in the camera mode and it's amazing just how much detail is into everything. The camera itself is kinda a cheat with how much of the level's terrain you can explore long before you actually reach said areas. All the enemies will be there waiting in the frames and everything.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Yeah, I think I only checked it out (Fidelity mode) when I first started the game. The game already looks amazingly good in Performance mode. I was fooling around in the camera mode and it's amazing just how much detail is into everything. The camera itself is kinda a cheat with how much of the level's terrain you can explore long before you actually reach said areas. All the enemies will be there waiting in the frames and everything.
shyt already looks sharp as fukk in whatever resolution it runs at in performance mode and the sacrifice to 30fps to get a barely noticeable native 4k just wasn't worth it.

Its honestly the best looking next gen game hands down. Everything else looks like trash in comparison.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Going from Destiny 2 on console to Destiny 2 on PC was what really opened my eyes. I couldn't even go back. Had to buy some of the same content twice :sadcam: