Anyone else felt really uncomfortable watching ren and stimpy as a kid in the 90's?

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
That was my shyt too. As a kid a lot of shows appealed to me even the ludicrously stupid ones lol.

Remember that show Van-Pires? :dead:

i actually never heard of that show but i googled it and it reminded me of the cartoon reboot which had really slick looking graphics

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I Watched It Even Though I Thought It Was Weird As fukk lol Ren Was A Psychopath

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
Ren and Stimpy was my shyt, still have a couple VHS lying around

:heh:

Favorite Ren psycho moment is in "Stimpy's Fan Club" when his jealousy has him plotting to kill Stimpy in his sleep.

This thread is going to make me find all the seasons to this show I haven't seen it in ages. shyt is still entertaining...classic episode.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was not funny to me at all. It was just forced off beat shyt. Ol' lemme draw ingrown butt hairs/bloodshot eyes and shyt on a kids cartoon

Last edited:

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
loved it...but like it even more as an adult...because i GET it now...

Stimpy's Fan Club is one of the best animated episodes of anything EVER
I was like 9 when that ep 1st aired my brother grown we used to watch that ep over and over :russ: :russ: (:rip: :to:)

remember when they put it back on MTV back in like 2000 when I was in highschool. When they aired this Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laff:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I honestly felt more uncomfortable watching this
Nala.jpg

Did you know that "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" was originally supposed to be sung by Timon and Pumba? Imagine how awkward that shyt would've been then. :wow:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
You have to remember it started on MTV which was known for their offbeat weird cartoons like Liquid Television, Beavis & Butthead, The Head, Maxxx etc.

I enjoyed it...what I didn't like was the adult cartoon they tried years later...made me very uncomfortable

I thought it was funny as a youngin' for some reason but giving it a watch now had me :dwillhuh:
Yo, I tried watching that shyt on Netflix a while back. shyt was wild hoomed out. I couldn't believe it. I mean, they were sus, but I thought they were just good homies. :sadcam:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
once i saw stimpy's hanging boogar collection under the table that was it for me

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
:dwillhuh: i just remember everytime i saw that show, one of the dogs (w.e the fukk they are) always had bloodshot eyes with some creepy dramatic music in the back. i never found it funny/scary/entertaining...the entire thing was just fukking weird...i have no idea what was so popular about that show

for those that dont remember the show, just look at this scene

yeah shyt was really bizarre i never used to watch it too much... i was always like. wtf i can't get jiggy w this shyt.

but if you've noticed half the shows these kids watch these days are like that. Weird humor damn near homosexual shyt.