Anyone else felt really uncomfortable watching ren and stimpy as a kid in the 90's?

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
:dwillhuh: i just remember everytime i saw that show, one of the dogs (w.e the fukk they are) always had bloodshot eyes with some creepy dramatic music in the back. i never found it funny/scary/entertaining...the entire thing was just fukking weird...i have no idea what was so popular about that show

for those that dont remember the show, just look at this scene

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
You have to remember it started on MTV which was known for their offbeat weird cartoons like Liquid Television, Beavis & Butthead, The Head, Maxxx etc.

I enjoyed it...what I didn't like was the adult cartoon they tried years later...made me very uncomfortable

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
yea i feel the same..never really fukked with it :manny:

people always say its "classic" (probably just the nostalgia from it) but honestly i cant remember nikkas even watching that shyt like that back then

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
That she really bothered me always like beavis and butthead better plus I never realized ren and stimpy were gay until I got older

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i used to watch it all the time. i was aware it was pretty weird but that made it appeal much more to me cause there was really nothing like it at that time. there was no continuity and they always took shyt to the extreme, almost like a warner bros on crack type show. plus Ren was a genuine skitzo, which was always funny to me as a kid. i watched it again as and adult and it didn't really have the same appeal. but you can see its influence in alot of other shyt, especially Spongebob

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I didn't really like that show as a kid, it was fukking weird. Those super closeups they used to do of gross shyt was :scusthov: the only episode I vividly remember is the episode where Stimpy lost his fart on christmas and had to find it.