Anyone else annoyed at reboots?

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Me! Because the majority of remakes are trash!!

Even with today's technology it can't save it from being anything close to the original classics because one thing it lacks charm and granteur film making!

Clash of the titans original demolishes the remake

Conan the barbarian too!!

fukk remakes!!

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
BUT MOST ARENT SEEING THE SAME THING OVER...

ITS A WHOLE NEW GENERATION OF PPL SEEING THESE MOVIES.
:devil:
:evil:

A lot of these reboots flopping though too like that new MIB. I think the new generation deserve their own new things to love. The thing is a lot of these new creative development movie execs are basically people in their 30s who are just rehashing the shyt they loved in their childhood.

A lot of it is also parents taking their kids to the movies. And that I understand, you wanna take your kids to whatever is gonna make them happy for two hours.

My biggest problem though is there are writers and filmmakers with FRESH IDEAS out there. There are screenwriters out there who have some amazing shyt that could be a future classic. But Hollywood doesn't wanna let them in cuz their scared to take chances.

Taking chances is a roll of the dice but you might have the next Star Wars on your hands. You never know. And even if you don't have a huge hit, you might have a cult classic. Movies like Fight Club, The Big Lebowski and so on and so forth flopped at the box office but then gained HUGE FOLLOWINGS once they hit homes.
Oh yea.... Mad Max:lupe:

At least that was from the same writer/director as the originals so he obviously knew how to do the material justice.

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
A lot of these reboots flopping though too like that new MIB. I think the new generation deserve their own new things to love. The thing is a lot of these new creative development movie execs are basically people in their 30s who are just rehashing the shyt they loved in their childhood.

A lot of it is also parents taking their kids to the movies. And that I understand, you wanna take your kids to whatever is gonna make them happy for two hours.

My biggest problem though is there people with FRESH IDEAS out there. There are screenwriters out there who have some amazing shyt that could be a future classic But Hollywood doesn't wanna let them in.

Hollywood needs to take more chances, basically. It's a roll of the dice but you might have the next Star Wars on your hands. You never know. And even if you don't have a huge hit, you might have a cult classic on your hands. Movies like Fight Club, The Big Lebowski and so on flopped at the box office but then got HUGE FOLLOWINGS once they hit homes.

At least that was from the same writer/director as the originals so he obviously knew how to do the material justice.

THAT NEW MIB LOOKED LIKE SOME STRAIGHT TO DVD TRASH.

THEY DIDNT EVEN TRY.

MIB 3 WAS ONLY 7 YRS AGO.
:devil:
:evil:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

My biggest problem though is there are writers and filmmakers with FRESH IDEAS out there. There are screenwriters out there who have some amazing shyt that could be a future classic. But Hollywood doesn't wanna let them in cuz their scared to take chances.

Taking chances is a roll of the dice but you might have the next Star Wars on your hands. You never know. And even if you don't have a huge hit, you might have a cult classic. Movies like Fight Club, The Big Lebowski and so on and so forth flopped at the box office but then gained HUGE FOLLOWINGS once they hit homes.

I don’t really think these guys are as out if ideas like we think.... I just think there’s someone above them like “Na, let’s do this instead”

Also you last paragraph..... a remake is still a remake and it don’t always work like that....

Ala the same write for Last Stand did Dark Phoenix right? Lol

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
I don’t really think these guys are as out if ideas like we think.... I just think there’s someone above them like “Na, let’s do this instead”

Also you last paragraph..... a remake is still a remake and it don’t always work like that....

Ala the same write for Last Stand did Dark Phoenix right? Lol

That's what I'm saying, though. A lot of these writers got original scripts that are better than whatever reboot they are getting hired to work on. It's better cuz they are more passionate in creating that that original idea than some design by committee shyt. Then you got the suits coming in telling them to change this and change that after audience test screenings and shyt. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

I was also talking about screenwriters trying to break in, too. A lot of people who are coming up with great original ideas that could be the next big thing. Hollywood just has to give them that shot.

Also I'm not a big X Men dude so not sure what you mean really but neither of those were considered great, were they? Mad Max is George Miller's original idea too...no one is gonna know that character and world more than him. Guy who did Last Stand and Dark Phoenix didn't create X Men...

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
That's what I'm saying, though. A lot of these writers got original scripts that are better than whatever reboot they are getting hired to work on. It's better cuz they are more passionate in creating that that original idea than some design by committee shyt. Then you got the suits coming in telling them to change this and change that after audience test screenings and shyt. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

I was also talking about screenwriters trying to break in, too. A lot of people who are coming up with great original ideas that could be the next big thing. Hollywood just has to give them that shot.

Also I'm not a big X Men dude so not sure what you mean really but neither of those were considered great, were they? Mad Max is George Miller's original idea too...no one is gonna know that character and world more than him. Guy who did Last Stand and Dark Phoenix didn't create X Men...

I hear you..... I guess my thing is..... I always hear people complain about the lack of movie variety..... or the “well now that Disney/etc studio did this so there will no longer be this...”

But then I go to like a 123Movies stream sites or kodi and see thousands varieties of movies every year all the time.

I wouldn’t get hung up on what makes theaters or not and a lot of them are originals

Like I love them action fighter movies from guys like Michael Jai White and Scot Adkins and ain’t no one stopping them from doing their thing

You don’t have to watch every movie in the theater and not every movie needs to be on the big screen

These reboots are a drop in the pot compared to what’s released yearly

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
I hear you..... I guess my thing is..... I always hear people complain about the lack of movie variety..... or the “well now that Disney/etc studio did this so there will no longer be this...”

But then I go to like a 123Movies stream sites or kodi and see thousands varieties of movies every year all the time.

I wouldn’t get hung up on what makes theaters or not and a lot of them are originals

Like I love them action fighter movies from guys like Michael Jai White and Scot Adkins and ain’t no one stopping them from doing their thing

You don’t have to watch every movie in the theater and not every movie needs to be on the big screen

These reboots are a drop in the pot compared to what’s released yearly

True, there are still a lot of smaller original movies being made. Plus, streaming has really changed everything. Genre movies from last year like Annihilation, Upgrade and Overlord were some of the best of 2018 (even though no one really saw them lol).

It would still be nice to see more original big blockbusters though. I always go back to the first Star Wars - in 77, that was a completely new idea that no one knew would not just be a huge hit but would literally change the entire film industry. Hollywood could have another one of those if they decide to occasionally take some chances. Can't always play it safe.

To quote my favorite rapper: "If you scared to take chances, you'll never have the answers" :ahh:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
True, there are still a lot of smaller original movies being made. Plus, streaming has really changed everything. Genre movies from last year like Annihilation, Upgrade and Overlord were some of the best of 2018 (even though no one really saw them lol).

It would still be nice to see more original big blockbusters though. I always go back to the first Star Wars - in 77, that was a completely new idea that no one knew would not just be a huge hit but would literally change the entire film industry. Hollywood could have another one of those if they decide to occasionally take some chances. Can't always play it safe.

To quote my favorite rapper: "If you scared to take chances, you'll never have the answers" :ahh:

Wasn’t Mortal Engines an original movie? Lol

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Probably doesn't count but Oldboy is a reboot that shytTED on it's original source.

Then Spike Lee came in and fukked it up :mjlol: