Anyone buying marijuana stocks?

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
From ClearBridge Investments:

"There seems little reason why every one of the more than 70 million people in the U.S. with TGs over 150 should not take this affordable, safe, highly effective drug. When the stock, which had risen only to $3.00 over our three-year plus holding period, opened at $10, it reflected a fraction of that opportunity. Yes, it was up over three times, but the peak sales outlook had shifted from a range of $300 million to $500 million, with an option for more, to something closer to $3 billion to $15 billion with high likelihood. As such, we continue to hold the stock as our number one position. -

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
A bunch of MJ related stocks started going up like crazy at 2:30 on. I just got out of work Im about to see why :banderas: maybe related to more state making it legal

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
as a physician, vascepa is exciting to me. Will be interesting to see the chatter after their presentation at AHA conference tomorrow. I just put another 5k on it. Long term hold for me.

YaFingerDealMe

All Star
Daps
Get me hip real quick what’s the difference between vascepa and fish oil capsules? Is this one of them it’s all natural or organic type deals?

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Get me hip real quick what’s the difference between vascepa and fish oil capsules? Is this one of them it’s all natural or organic type deals?

Basically, fish oils has EPA's and DHA's. While both help lower your Tri count, DHA raises your LDL-C levels, while EPA's do not.

Vascepa is pretty much pure/all EPA. Plus its so refined, you can get all of the EPA's you need w/o taking a bunch of Fish Oil Capsules every day.

Plus the secondary endpoints I have posted about, like fighting colon and liver cancer.

Like homie up above said, their having a BIG BOY presentation today. Share prices are expected to jump Monday.

The Buyout talk is really heating up.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
as a physician, vascepa is exciting to me. Will be interesting to see the chatter after their presentation at AHA conference tomorrow. I just put another 5k on it. Long term hold for me.

Drop some Vascepa knowledge on us from a Physician's POV. Why are you excited?

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Drop some Vascepa knowledge on us from a Physician's POV. Why are you excited?

you basically said it above. For me what's mostly exciting is the use in cardiac pts (in whom statin therapy along may be inadequate) + pre-cardiac patients at risk for cardiovascular disease, ie, diabetics, hypertension, smokers, obesity which are a large majority of patients I see as an internist/hospitalist. The relative risk reduction in cardiovascular events appears impressive and i'm very interested to see all the data. the lowering of TGs (w/o increasing LDL potentially) combined w/ lowering LDL w/ statins is important as vascepa can potentially replace fish oil, fibrates, niacin drugs as the secondary/concomitant drug with statins for overall lipid-lowering/controlling. The lack of significant side effects is important, and it doesn't look like it will be expensive either --> 2 of the biggest reasons patient's are noncompliant with their meds.

Last edited:

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
you basically said it above. For me what's mostly exciting is the use in cardiac pts (in whom statin therapy along may be inadequate) + pre-cardiac patients at risk for cardiovascular disease, ie, diabetics, hypertension, smokers, obesity which are a large majority of patients I see as an internist/hospitalist. The relative risk reduction in cardiovascular events appears impressive and i'm very interested to see all the data. the lowering of TGs (w/o increasing LDL potentially) combined w/ lowering LDL w/ statins is important as vascepa can potentially replace fish oil, fibrates, niacin drugs as the secondary/concomitant drug with statins for overall lipid-lowering/controlling. The lack of significant side effects is important, and it doesn't look like it will be expensive either --> 2 of the biggest reasons patient's are noncompliant with their meds.

Yes Sir, U said that shyt better than I could! lol

Last edited:

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Landmark Cardiovascular Risk Reduction Benefits Demonstrated in REDUCE-IT Are Largest of Any Major Cardiovascular Outcomes Study of a Drug Intended to Address Residual Cardiovascular Risk Remaining After Cholesterol Management

Cardiovascular Death Reduced by 20%
Fatal or Nonfatal Heart Attacks Reduced by 31%
Fatal or Nonfatal Stroke Reduced by 28%
Urgent or Emergent Coronary Revascularization Reduced by 35%
Hospitalization for Unstable Angina Reduced by 32%
Number Needed to Treat for Primary Composite Endpoint: 21
Patient Years of Study Support Favorable Benefit/Risk Profile in REDUCE-IT
Affordably Priced Vascepa Positions Amarin with Potential to Help Millions of Patients

Last edited:

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
“I think we’ve stumbled onto something here in terms of a new class of drugs,” said Dr. Deepak Bhatt, a professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School and executive director of interventional cardiovascular programs at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston.

Last edited: