Anyone buying marijuana stocks?

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Wish I would have dropped this one earlier to share with yall.

But ACRX developed a Pain Killer (an opioid) for use during surgery pre and post.

Its posed to be just as effective as the current stuff, but way less addictive.

They were approved and Stock shot up 30% after hours.

Its another small company w/ a big idea that Im hoping will get a buyout soon.

More info:

FDA Advisory Committee Recommends Approval Of DSUVIA For The Treatment Of Moderate-To-Severe Acute Pain

AcelRx Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:ACRX) shares pushed higher on Wednesday, which is a very interesting phenomenon. Nothing went up on Wednesday. Well, at least nothing that didn’t have very specific positive news driving the action – except for ACRX, which cruised higher with no obvious catalyst.

The firm initiated ACRX with a Buy and price target of $9

On Wednesday, we saw every stock on the planet get killed. And somehow, we also saw ACRX move up nearly 4% on no new headlines or news.

That’s an awfully positive signal.

AcelRx Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:ACRX): Which Way the Wind is Blowing - FDA Headlines

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
NBEV been taking L's, gonna hold out though :mjcry:
I knew i should have sold all of my shares and repositioned but i kept listening to the buyout talk. I knew and posted whats happening now but i didnt follow my own advice :snoop: the next catalyst is the farm bill next month

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Long term fellas, yall got to think long term on these weed stocks

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
**************Another Breakdown of a possible AMRN Buyout****************

I can come up with what some would consider outrageous BO offer of more than $200 per share using the Humira example. Open to insights from others to make sure I am doing the math right and my historical data is correct.

Abbott Laboratories purchased Knoll Pharmaceuticals, the division of BASF responsible for D2E7, for $6.9B in 2000.

In 2003, its first full year on the market, Humira was approved in 38 countries, prescribed to 50,000 patients and had grossed $280 million dollars in sales.

In 2018 the estimated sales for Humira was $20B!! Abbott made a killing on the BO

After the BO Abbott quickly invested in clinical trials for the treatment of five other autoimmune diseases: psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, juvenile RA and Crohn’s disease. Humira became the “the Swiss army knife of pharmaceutical drugs”.

These historical reference for a blockbuster drug will be evaluated by both AMRN and any prospective buyout partner. They will not just buy AMRN for CV health but also invest in future clinical trials if some of the secondary endpoints look promising.

Even if we use the early 2000 math and if the first full year sales of Vascepa in 2020 after FDA approval in 3rdQ of 2019 is $1B the BO offer is more like $24B which will make the offer around $80 per share. This is using the same math that Abbott used for Humira and made a killing. This valuation is just for Vascepa in the CV treatment. If the secondary endpoints are promising a 2x or 3x is not out of the question at all. That is where I get the $160 or $240. You will however need somebody who not only can muster the sales and marketing resource for a blockbuster drug launch for Vascepa for CV health but continue the clinical trials for other use for Vascepa.

Any thoughts from experts on this assessment?

Tug life

Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Long term fellas, yall got to think long term on these weed stocks
Thats a fact. Thats why im going on a shopping spree this is literally one of the best times to buy companys you believe in.

A lot of people wanted to buy certain stocks but some prices were to high at the time and you would look for a dip to buy in. With the market in the shyts it doesnt feel good going through it but if you are a value and long term investor and you did your research you shouldnt be worried at all. I have been increasing my core positions and using gold as the backbone of my portfolio right now. IAU and BTG have been keeping my saving relatively safe while JNUG fluctuates i expect it to go higher with other gold stocks as faith in the dollar decreases

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Thats a fact. Thats why im going on a shopping spree this is literally one of the best times to buy companys you believe in.

A lot of people wanted to buy certain stocks but some prices were to high at the time and you would look for a dip to buy in. With the market in the shyts it doesnt feel good going through it but if you are a value and long term investor and you did your research you shouldnt be worried at all. I have been increasing my core positions and using gold as the backbone of my portfolio right now. IAU and BTG have been keeping my saving relatively safe while JNUG fluctuates i expect it to go higher with other gold stocks as faith in the dollar decreases
Breh I get paid on Thursday and I will go ham on some MJ stocks

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Count Coca-Cola out of the budding cannabis market.

Coca-Cola president and CEO James Quincey told Yahoo Finance on Tuesday the beverage giant has no plans to enter the cannabis drink space. In September, Coke said it was “closely watching” the space and had not yet decided on whether to get involved.

Yahoo is now part of Oath
Yahoo Finance talks with Coca-Cola CEO James Quincey about potentially getting into the cannabis drink market.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
People are tying MTNB W/ AMRN for some reason.

Was going to jump in yesterday, but didn't.

Its jumping around PM. I might pull the trigger.

Tug life

Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
We have not had back to back green days this month which has never happened in October before. If we finish green today, that just might be the confidence we need going into november and mid term elections. My gold stock are down further than they've been for a long time, which leads me to believe some faith is being restored in the market. But thats just my observation

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
AMRN With their CC this morning:

Early takeaways from John Thero on earnings call: 1) No revenue guidance until company sees physicians' response to AHA results. 2) New 400-person sales force will target 50,000 physicians, double historic levels. 3) Potential market is "tens of millions of adults" at cardiac risk who cannot be addressed with statin-treatment alone. 4) Amarin already hearing requests from physicians for publication of Reduce-It results. 5) In active discussions with companies that can be added to the supply chain who "are eager to pursue this opportunity and competing with each other to do so." 6) Enlarged sales force to be trained and ready at start of 2019. Estimates Vascepa is where statin therapy was 30 years ago. 7) Likely to be a "multi-billion dollar brand."

EARNINGS TAKEAWAYS PART II: 1) Thero sounded confident about FDA expanded approval, noting the study was conducted under terms approved by the agency. "I'm sure given the results, the FDA will treat it appropriately." 2) Asked if supply will be a problem, Thero told analyst: "We are not capacity constrained. ... Expanding is very doable. It's just a matter of doing it." 3) Thero said another company sold a billion dollars annually of another product after proving a mere 6 percent risk reduction. Called 15 percent reductions "very meaningful." Then, he added, "anything above 15 percent was in the extraordinary category." 4) While saying he couldn't say anything about secondary endpoints prior to Nov. 10, he said: "People seeing the results will give them confidence in the meaning of that 25 percent." 5) Thero: "We're opening up an entirely new market here." 6) Another executive said there were "large potential opportunities throughout the world." However, direct sales force only exists in U.S., where Amarin says largest market exists. 7) U.S. sales force will concentrate on physicians who write the most statin prescriptions. 8) Physicians "seem surprised" at affordability of Vacepa. 9) General Counsel said lawsuits Monday were against two small dietary companies who tried to benefit from Reduce-It study. "The big players know well they can't cross the line under FDA regulations to compare themselves to drugs." 10) Thero said manufacturing Vacepa was difficult and called it a "fragile molecule. ... Not many companies in the world can do it. Those who can do it we have good relationships with."

Last edited: