Anyone buying marijuana stocks?

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
AcelRx Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:ACRX) shares pushed higher on Wednesday, which is a very interesting phenomenon. Nothing went up on Wednesday. Well, at least nothing that didn’t have very specific positive news driving the action – except for ACRX, which cruised higher with no obvious catalyst.

The firm initiated ACRX with a Buy and price target of $9

On Wednesday, we saw every stock on the planet get killed. And somehow, we also saw ACRX move up nearly 4% on no new headlines or news.

That’s an awfully positive signal.

AcelRx Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:ACRX): Which Way the Wind is Blowing - FDA Headlines

These five stocks have the potential to be acquired for a 100% premium or more, and each are heavily owned by a top hedge fund or billionaire investor.

3) AcelRX Pharmaceuticals (ACRX) – Perceptive Advisors is not only one of the top performing biotech hedge funds in the world, but it is one of the best hedge funds on the planet. Perceptive is a billion dollar plus hedge fund run by Joseph Edelman and has returned an incredible 42% annualized since 1999. If you would have invested $10,000 in Perceptive in 1999, you would now have an incredible $1.3 million dollars! They own more than 15% of ACRX.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
This is a FDA Headline:

Released after market closed yesterday.

Amarin Corporation plc (NASDAQ:AMRN) continues to be an affront to the technical instincts of even a conservative mean-reversion strategy for even the most benign of bears. And quite possibly for good reason. The stock ripped higher once again on Thursday following the company’s Q3 financials and a discussion from management that really held nothing back.
Most significantly, the management commentary confirmed the sense of a world-beating force coming to fruition in Vascepa: “The landmark results of the REDUCE-IT study present an important opportunity to improve the practice of medicine with respect to preventative cardiovascular care. We believe that these outcomes study results position Vascepa to address a significant unmet medical need and could be considered the most significant breakthrough in preventative cardiovascular care since the advent of statin therapy decades ago. We are very excited about the potential for Vascepa to help millions of patients and we are acting accordingly to expand on our established commercial foundation, including existing broad managed care coverage and extensive key opinion leader support,” stated John F. Thero, president and chief executive officer. “Amarin looks forward to the primary REDUCE-IT outcomes study results being presented at AHA and to working towards the future publication of these results in a major medical journal within 2018.”

From Jeffries yesterday:

Jefferies Raise PT of AMRN after market close today:

Amarin Corporation (AMRN): Q3: Curtain Down at AHA; Prepared to Expand; Raise PT to $30 from $15,

Price Target $30.00 (from $15.00)

Price $22.64

Key Takeaway

Key NT catalyst is full REDUCE-IT data presentation at AHA (11/10). We believe details on MACE components and effect size in sub-populations of greatest interest and, if positive, will drive higher Rx behavior and valuation. Big picture, sales could reach statin-like levels (~$5-$10B) with positive risk/benefit profile consistent across reported measures. With commercial expansion underway, we increase adjusted peak sales to $3.7B in 2030, and raise PT to $30.

Vascepa continues to grow, but the impact of REDUCE-IT is yet to come. Vascepa sales increased to all-time high $55M in Q3 (vs. $53M in Q2, and $44M in Q1). The normalized TRx in Q3 reached 458K and 457K in symphony and IQVIA, respectively. Co noted these sales were not reflective of the potential impact from the REDUCE-IT results, which is expected to come after the detailed data are presented/published and trained sales reps start to convey the message to prescribers

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
These five stocks have the potential to be acquired for a 100% premium or more, and each are heavily owned by a top hedge fund or billionaire investor.

3) AcelRX Pharmaceuticals (ACRX) – Perceptive Advisors is not only one of the top performing biotech hedge funds in the world, but it is one of the best hedge funds on the planet. Perceptive is a billion dollar plus hedge fund run by Joseph Edelman and has returned an incredible 42% annualized since 1999. If you would have invested $10,000 in Perceptive in 1999, you would now have an incredible $1.3 million dollars! They own more than 15% of ACRX.

approved!

Statement from FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., on agency’s approval of Dsuvia and the FDA’s future consideration of new opioids

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
AMRN******************

Ok, we’re talking about patients with Major Adverse Cardiac Events . In the toughest patients we get 25% reduction on top of statins. I spoke with my cardiologist today. Obviously there is an anti- inflammatory component to Vascepa , anti diabetes , stroke, angina, etc. There are no side effects. My MD said he will give this to the majority of patients who walk thru his door. He believes the potential of this brand is for prophylactic use . Yes the “ sicker “ patients are nobrainers but imagine the potential for everyone who walks thru a doctors door. Prediabetic, preangina, stroke, borderline cholesterol elevations, etc. I think people are missing the fact this will be prescribed along with diet, losing weight, exercise and Vascepa. Remember taking a baby aspirin every day - this is safer than aspirin with ridiculous data . This will change MD ‘s practices and what healthy living is about. People are missing the boat - this isn’t about sick patients it is about healthy patients!

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I purchased my 1st shares of AMRN the morning they released their findings of reducing heart related events by 25%. The stock went up over 300% that day.

A day later the BO price was said to $50 PS. As more info was released the BO price was raised to $80-$100. Now, after the Baker Brothers purchased a 14% stake in the company, some are saying the BO price could be over $120 PS.

My personal favorite for medical insiders to watch is the Fabulous Baker Brothers (no relation to the 1989 musical). Felix Baker owns a Phd in Immunology and is the most massive inside buyer I know of. Julian Baker holds an A.B. Magna Cum Laude from Harvard (social studies) and this blend of intelligence founded Baker Brothers Investments in 2000, which offers their hedge fund, Baker Brothers Advisors, among a family of funds for institutional investing. Together, they are on the boards of several medical companies.

The Bakers' fund tends to run just a handful of heavy-weighted positions although they spread the money out over nearly a hundred names. What strikes me about the names they buy heavily is the high buyout rate. For example, as tabulated by J3 Information Services, the fund's holdings, in heavy positions at the end of 2013 were : ACAD, SLXP, XOMA, GHDX, SGEN, PCYC, INCY, and GEVA. Of those eight, four have been bought out at fat premiums. That's a .500 batting average for takeout home-runs in just three years.

BAKER BROS ADVISORS LLC : Portfolio Holdings | J3SG

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
AcelRx (ACRX). We have been hearing some strong acquisition rumors concerning AcelRx, much like we heard about Obagi last year. The rumors on Obagi turned out to be correct, as the company was sold last year to Valeant (VRX) for $24 a share. We believe there is merit to the current rumors surrounding AcelRx.

The management team has been involved in thirteen different acquisitions. Below are the most notable members and their respective acquisition activity:

The Biotech Merger And Acquisition Buzz List - StockMatusow

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
I’m in brehs. Just copped $1000 of Aurora stock at $7.01. I remember seeing that shy at over $10.00 a share last month. Glad I waited.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
Is Canopy Growth CGC still worth investing in at $39 a share?

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Took a chance on this company (ATNM) after selling some shares of AMD today:

However, Actinium is no one trick pony. It has another drug called Actimab-A for first line treatment of AML in a Phase 1/2 trial. Over time, the biggest market potential for Actinium lies in the fact that its highly patented platform technology could be used to target a wide variety of cancers. Preclinical and clinical work has already focused on Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL), brain cancer, bladder cancer, ovarian cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and a number of other cancer related indications. Aside from Iomab-B, the company plans to develop its products through Phase II clinical trials and then partner with an appropriate third party to complete development and commercialization. The compelling advantages of the Actinium's platform should continue to draw attention from the healthcare and investor communities. A closer look at their technology will further illustrate the immense licensing and acquisition potential inherent in the company's high-momentum product pipeline. In fact its closest technology competitor, Algeta, which is about 3-4 years ahead from a market perspective, was just acquired by Bayer for $2.9 billion.

MissionIR - Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ATNM)

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Looks like ACRX was a "sell the news" event. After that little pop after approval, its now dropped to lower than it was before the good news