Anyone also currently looking for a new job?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Im in the exact same position. I have a good job but neither me nor my fiance want to be in this city any longer. Been here going on 7 years and really dont want to go through the whole job search process. Ive heard its even tougher when trying to find a job in another city.

I guess i need to create a Linked In account so if a hiring manager checks they can see im serious about finding a job.
I want to get to Cali, so I've only been applying to jobs out there. Had a couple phone interviews, but nothing happened.

I know it's gonna be real tough for me to get a job as an out of state applicant, but that's where I wanna be so I'm gonna keep at it. Can't wait to get out of my current city. :manny:

Daps
I mean I am but I'm not in a rush. I don't really need much money anyway.
I've been applying to a lot of admin assistant jobs, the connections you can make :ohlawd:
I need a new resume strategy, the audio resumes aren't cutting it anymore.
:dwillhuh: I'm curious as to what your voice sounds like....

A white girl?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I want to get to Cali, so I've only been applying to jobs out there. Had a couple phone interviews, but nothing happened.

I know it's gonna be real tough for me to get a job as an out of state applicant, but that's where I wanna be so I'm gonna keep at it. Can't wait to get out of my current city. :manny:
Cali is awesome.....

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i am. shyt is depressing as fukk. applied to 43304958349 places here in silicon valley, they've all told me to fukk myself. :sadcam:

i read an article that on average mothafukkas out here apply to 60 diff positions before they get hired :damn:

i've thought about putting an ad on CL telling people i'll pay them 1,000$ cash if they get me an interview at FB, Google, Twitter or Apple (and i end up getting hired)
i just need my foot in the door, these fukkboy recruiters stay hooking people they know up with shyt. i just need an interview i guarantee i'll get hired. fukk. desperate as shyt :skip:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I mean I am but I'm not in a rush. I don't really need much money anyway.
I've been applying to a lot of admin assistant jobs, the connections you can make :ohlawd:
I need a new resume strategy, the audio resumes aren't cutting it anymore.

are you using indeed?
i got my friend a job nearly 50k a year off indeed shout out @Sachs, Fifth Avenue for the resume and cover letter tips.

I'm waiting for ttc to holla back at a brother :heh:

Daps
:dwillhuh: I'm curious as to what your voice sounds like....

A white girl?

Listen:

are you using indeed?
i got my friend a job nearly 50k a year off indeed shout out @Sachs, Fifth Avenue for the resume and cover letter tips.

I'm waiting for ttc to holla back at a brother :heh:

My aunt works in HR of Canada Post out west, she tweaked my resume up and told me what I should have on it and stuff like that. I use fresh gigs, linkedin, sometimes indeed has good postings but I have friends that will send me job postings when they come across it. My last three jobs I found on craigslist though.

Just a tip: I usually add my linked in profile on my cover letter because: a) I have two detailed refs from my supervisor I used to work with and b) thankfully you can see who views your profile. So I applied for this job a while back and I log onto linkedin and see that the director of the department I applied to work in, viewed my page which means she looked at my resume.

Daps
i am. shyt is depressing as fukk. applied to 43304958349 places here in silicon valley, they've all told me to fukk myself. :sadcam:

i read an article that on average mothafukkas out here apply to 60 diff positions before they get hired :damn:

i've thought about putting an ad on CL telling people i'll pay them 1,000$ cash if they get me an interview at FB, Google, Twitter or Apple (and i end up getting hired)
i just need my foot in the door, these fukkboy recruiters stay hooking people they know up with shyt. i just need an interview i guarantee i'll get hired. fukk. desperate as shyt :skip:
what's your degree in. :patrice:

and are you black?

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
I'm looking for A job. TJ Maxx on the bullshyt over here. Called ol boy like " umm review my app yet?" yeah man interviews next week...I call and them nikkas ain't interview nobody yet. Here it is almost friday. Gonna apply to target, because my boy work there, but night shifts<<<<<<<<<<