Anyone also currently looking for a new job?

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Been at my job for about 8 years and I'm ready for a change or scenery. I got a good gig and have the opportunity to move up within my company but I'm tired of where I live at now. Plus my line of business at my job (mortgage banking) is cutting folks right now so I been on my company website for something else in California (preferred destination) but not getting a lot of interviews at this time. If for some reason i get let go by my company, i'm going to take my severance, 401K and retirement money and move to California and hope to find something down there. I been looking for about a year but I have to get out of Ohio and go somewhere nicer.

Daps
I mean I am but I'm not in a rush. I don't really need much money anyway.
I've been applying to a lot of admin assistant jobs, the connections you can make :ohlawd:
I need a new resume strategy, the audio resumes aren't cutting it anymore.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Had been looking for a job pretty much all last year, found a new one late last year, for the most part I'm good with it. :ehh:

Pay isn't bad and, and since it's a public organization that gets funding from the govt, the benefits are nice. I've got tons of unused vacation time and personal time. So I'm thinking I'll sit tight where I'm at and try to work my way up, unless I just happen to run into something that's significantly better.

My advice for anybody job hunting is to make sure your resume is on point (you may even want to have a career counselor look at it for you) and apply to LOTS of places. And be persistent, in a lot of ways finding a job is simply playing odds...the more you play, the better your chances. And keep your eye out, I applied for my last job like last August, and I'd forgotten I'd even applied by the time they called me for an interview (which was like...November).

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
just graduated and looking
i got a couple of internships but that aint cutting it for me

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Can't hate on my new job right now. Not Coli IT certified but I'm still :eat:

I'm still peeping for that Gov't gig though on the low. Keeping the options open in case the "honeymoon" ends.