Anybody see "Don Jon"?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
There was a plot, it was just cookie cutter/romantic comedy, complete with a perfect girl, male lead with imperfect past, greek chorus of goofy but well meaning friends, older character to give sage and timely advice, a turnaround for the better by the final act, moving on from the girl, and in a positive direction. Except everyone was talking like Adriana La Cerva, and JGL was masterbating, both in and out of the movie....
yeah but the last 2 mins were just annoying...so he fell in love with the oldhead?

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
yeah but the last 2 mins were just annoying...so he fell in love with the oldhead?

You're too seasoned in romantic comedies to not see broad and familiar strokes of cliche all over this garbage, he didn't fall in love with Moore, he realized what 'real' love, and 'real sex' were, in her arms and company, but not 'love'. She was a teacher and learning experience for him...I liked some of the ideas that were expressed by the ending, and agree more then not on their points, but the message is kinda null and void, when the movie is that unenjoyable and awful, end doesn't justify the means.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
You're too seasoned in romantic comedies to not see broad and familiar strokes of cliche all over this garbage, he didn't fall in love with Moore, he realized what 'real' love, and 'real sex' were, in her arms and company, but not 'love'. She was a teacher and learning experience for him...I liked some of the ideas that were expressed by the ending, and agree more then not on their points, but the message is kinda null and void, when the movie is that unenjoyable and awful, end doesn't justify the means.
i feel you. yeah that makes sense.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im going to go see it in like 90 minutes with my girl, she wanted to see baggage claim, but I had to nix that, Ive heard great reviews about don jon, so I hope it isnt as bad as you guys are making it

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
im surprised it only made 9 million

I was surprised it got beat out by Baggage Claim (black romantic comedy; paula patton, boris kodjoe, lala, trey songz, etc) given that i personally saw no publicity or commercials at all for BC (then again i don't watch much tv outside of sports) yet i swear i've BEEN seein commercials for this Don Jon flick for weeks now, on the fox/cbs/local football channels or somethin

I imagine BC was less than that 6 milly that DJ cost and if so, good for them for making profit

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
i been wanting to smash julianne moore since that madonna movie :manny:

article-0-122116F9000005DC-581_634x631.jpg

to each his own... :scusthov: