Daps
I saw it....it was alright.

How did you feel about it OP?

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Thought it was pretty garbage, decent premise, good casting....bad choice of character, why make them obnoxious stereotypes, who conduct themselves in a manner barely resembling human behavior? There was no sharp dialogue, or funny scenes, throwaway one liners and a contrived plot, that was uneven and uninteresting....Judd Apatow would have made this a watchable, even hilarious comedy, on it's own, it's barely worth watching on TBS or something. Tacked on subplots and last minute turnaround for Jon, surprised to see the positive reviews. That's twice in a month now, 'Prisoners' being the other, where a movie has had almost unanimously positive reviews, and been trash, or very close to it.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Thought it was pretty garbage, decent premise, good casting....bad choice of character, why make them obnoxious stereotypes, who conduct themselves in a manner barely resembling human behavior? There was no sharp dialogue, or funny scenes, throwaway one liners and a contrived plot, that was uneven and uninteresting....Judd Apatow would have made this a watchable, even hilarious comedy, on it's own, it's barely worth watching on TBS or something. Tacked on subplots and last minute turnaround for Jon, surprised to see the positive reviews. That's twice in a month now, 'Prisoners' being the other, where a movie has had almost unanimously positive reviews, and been trash, or very close to it.
Prisoners was better than DOn Jon.

Don Jon let me down...there was literally NO PLOT or moral lol

and im a JGL stan...

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
There was a plot, it was just cookie cutter/romantic comedy, complete with a perfect girl, male lead with imperfect past, greek chorus of goofy but well meaning friends, older character to give sage and timely advice, a turnaround for the better by the final act, moving on from the girl, and in a positive direction. Except everyone was talking like Adriana La Cerva, and JGL was masterbating, both in and out of the movie....

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I kinda of new there wasn't going to be an actual plot because the trailers are really all over the place.
i thought it would a cute love story at the least....wasnt even that. smh.

i dont know what it was.

critics are giving it good reviews because JGL is the GOAT --- thats it.

it was funny at times but even the language was too much for me lol