Anybody remember when Colin Farrell had next?

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I usually like his work, 'The New World', 'Miami Vice', (though he was throwing out some hilarious lines, Mann wrote that shyt lol) 'In Bruges',.....I just saw he's starring in a remake of Clint Eastwoods's and Don Siegel's 'The Beguiled', which is a very dope, dark, gothic movie, and could use a remake.

He did go to rehab after 'Miami Vice', and I've read an intervew in the last few years where he saws he's clean and sober now, but who knows....

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
hollywood really tries to push nikkas into who's got next. colin ferrell had all the dope roles for like 2 year span but just faded out. he was on every magazine and news article too, supposed to be the "bad boy" of hollywood. papparazzi was following him like crazy..he was dating lindsey lohan too for a while.

colin ferrell is the perfect example of larry holmes status

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
He's just one of those actors like Guy Pierce that Hollywood has tried to make a star. They are talented actors but they just don't have that 'star" quality that carries films..

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
He was good in true detective and the lobster too..he can act, it's just some of the roles he was given were iffy. Check out an Irish film called intermission from 2004, it's up on YouTube, dope film, has cillian Murphy in it also

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
He had a decent run for a few years which is more than a lot of these cherry picked by Hollywood lead actors (Taylor Kitsch, Sam Worthington, etc.) can say.

He was actually pretty good in True Detective S2, his performance being one of the few aspects of that season that wasn't complete trash. His days as a starring lead are obviously in the bushes but I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a minor comeback as a supporting actor somewhere down the line.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
:mjlol: Yeah... What happened to dude? He wasn't the man man but when I was in high school it seemed like he had potential then he vanished :mjlol:

What happened to that dude from Pearl Harbor? It's Josh something (don't want to kill his last name with my spelling)

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
What happened to Val Kilmer, Christian Slater, Kevin Costner, and Kevin Bacon??? I understand Cuba Godding took bad roles but were these folks just not that good or did they get fukked over some shyt they did or was on?

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This always made me wonder how they decide who gets pushed. Every few years its like Hollywood hand picks a person (always white of course) and they are everywhere. Colin is just another one I forgot all about but at one time he was everywhere. I want to know who decides who gets put on.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
He had a decent run for a few years which is more than a lot of these cherry picked by Hollywood lead actors (Taylor Kitsch, Sam Worthington, etc.) can say.

He was actually pretty good in True Detective S2, his performance being one of the few aspects of that season that wasn't complete trash. His days as a starring lead are obviously in the bushes but I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a minor comeback as a supporting actor somewhere down the line.
Somewhere down the line is this fall. He is the bad guy in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them opposite Eddie Remayne.
Are people checking for this movie or nah?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Based on an interview I heard on Andy Greenwald's podcast, I think he got fukked up because he's a character actor at heart with (at least at the time) leading man looks so he was caught in two worlds where he wanted to be weird but they just wanted him to be cookie cutter handsome white guy #7 who saves the day.

He's a good actor though.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He's actually a good actor but he got caught up in some bad roles which culminated in that Alexander movie getting SHREDDED by critics.

He's basically Ben Affleck without the directing chops to dig himself out of the hole.
:mjlol: Yeah... What happened to dude? He wasn't the man man but when I was in high school it seemed like he had potential then he vanished :mjlol:

What happened to that dude from Pearl Harbor? It's Josh something (don't want to kill his last name with my spelling)

According to him, he got blackballed for turning down too many high profile roles. He was trying not to be type cast and Hollywood told him:ufdup:

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
Somewhere down the line is this fall. He is the bad guy in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them opposite Eddie Remayne.
Are people checking for this movie or nah?

7VN5Ep5.gif

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
He's actually a good actor but he got caught up in some bad roles which culminated in that Alexander movie getting SHREDDED by critics.

He's basically Ben Affleck without the directing chops to dig himself out of the hole.

According to him, he got blackballed for turning down too many high profile roles. He was trying not to be type cast and Hollywood told him:ufdup:

Are these folks playing themselves out of roles??? BEN AFFLECK WAS IN DOGMA, fukk YOU LOL.... Only "good" movie I think of him being in... Ben Affleck movies be wack :wow: