Anybody in here ever break off an engagement?

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
been wit her 4 years (been living 2gether for 2)... she was great as a gf but lacks certain wife qualities that I always imagined my wife having. Plus as of late the sex has been mad boring and we don't really do fun shyt like we did in the first few years. And on my end I kinda want to tie the knot to start a family being 25 with no kids but at the end of the day I'm still a young fly nikka that gets attention from chicks without even trying.

What a fukking mess! :mindblown:

breh dont do it..your still in your players phase..wait till 30 get that shyt out of your system first(take it from me..i been there)

if you think the sex is boring now..wait till a year in your marriage

Sansprix

Around the way girl.
Daps
Reppin
[ First Lady of TBM ]
been wit her 4 years (been living 2gether for 2)... she was great as a gf but lacks certain wife qualities that I always imagined my wife having. Plus as of late the sex has been mad boring and we don't really do fun shyt like we did in the first few years. And on my end I kinda want to tie the knot to start a family being 25 with no kids but at the end of the day I'm still a young fly nikka that gets attention from chicks without even trying.

How long has the sex been boring?

How long has it been that you don't have fun together anymore?

Why did you propose to her then?

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia

Marriage counseling may be a plausible option. Are you two taking classes? Trust me, it helps to ask questions of your future spouse, puts things in perspective and helps to qualm any anxiety you may have. shyt, my second session is tomorrow.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did with 4 months to go before the wedding. Premarital counseling was the reason why. It uncovered a boat load of problems between her and I that we werent talking about. We stayed together worked through it and I married her in 2009 after calling it off in 2006

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
He already explained why he proposed.

He wanted to tie the knot and start a family.

I would say that bringing a child into this equation will make things a hell of a lot worse

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
If you haven't done pre-marital counseling, you need to get on it.

If everything checks out with the sessions go ahead and marry that girl. Don't listen to these wannabe Bill Bellamy nggas. By 30 most broads got at least 2 kids, flabby n sick or both. Go ahead and build that nation before you wait and end up building another man's nation.

ETA: Oh and you think you get looks now? Wait till you get married. Hoes come from every direction. Hoes will proposition you in front of your wife. It's crazy. But if you really working on your relationship, career, fitness etc you really don't have time to entertain that shh.

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
Yesterday I was watching MTV's True Life: I'm at a crossword in my relationship.

Me & my fiance had the :wtf: face the entire episode. Why do people feel the need to tell everyone their problems except the individual they're having them with?

This 22 year old wanted to break off her engagement with her 32 year old fiance and she decided to tell him at her parents house over dinner.......... :snoop:

The other female was a dancer who was the bread winner in her relationship & was tired of supporting her boyfriend financially (yet wanted to get married :smh:) and she was telling all of her friends their problems as she boo hoo'ed.

As a man (who initiates the proposal) why are you in a relationship with someone you cannot converse with? An individual you can sit down and talk about anything, even if you don't agree.

Communication & trust are the key foundation(s) to any relationship, without that you have nothing.

In other words speak with you fiance directly. Whether it's with a counselor or telling her without the presence of others.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

If everything checks out with the sessions go ahead and marry that girl. Don't listen to these wannabe Bill Bellamy nggas. By 30 most broads got at least 2 kids, flabby n sick or both. Go ahead and build that nation before you wait and end up building another man's nation.

ETA: Oh and you think you get looks now? Wait till you get married. Hoes come from every direction. Hoes will proposition you in front of your wife. It's crazy. But if you really working on your relationship, career, fitness etc you really don't have time to entertain that shh.

This is the worse possible advice :wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

This. We did it at the church we were getting married at. It was a pre req before the pastor would marry us. The shyt is a humbling experience when they start talking about expectations and all the other shyt that comes along with marriage, your extended family and such. shyt was an eye opener most of it dealt with the interaction between the couple. We had homework exercises and shyt to do and then they would supplement with the religion stuff.