Anybody gone protein free?

Zyne

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Protein shakes aren't magic or anything... It's literally just protein. So there's no difference if you get it from shakes or "real food". If you're vegetarian/vegan or can't get enough protein, the shakes will help you immensely to hit your daily protein goal. They also have the benefit of being high in protein but low in the other macronutrients, so they can be good for lean gains/cutting.

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
I've been seriously thinking bout not buying protein powders anymore...The only thing is I'm more of an instinctive eater and sometimes I don't wanna eat nothing solid ...That's where the shakes come in

Plus I been buying protein powders since the late 90's so its more mental and a financial habit...Mane i gotta get this monkey off my back:snoop:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Protein shakes or smoothies are mostly for the convieniece, not mandatory at all. I got my size with no supplements outside of a cheap ass multivitamin.

Just straight food and milk, food was majority soy based too so I don't kno if that shyt is true about soy products but that's another topic

When you out and about, protein shake >>> fast food until you get home and eat dinner. It's also saves you money from avoiding fast food too so it pays for itself

Breakfast before work, lunch at work, gym ( maybe a "snack" or whatever before if you need it ), protein shake right after, then dinner. Not really that complicated

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Yea, I used to be on that "drink 2-3 shakes a day" wave. Then I started doing more research and getting in tune with what my body needed, and basically seeing that the protein/supplement game is a hustle of the highest order. I have a sack of protein that I use now, but I'm not a slave to it. I use it on days that I don't do a lot of eating. I might mix some spinach and some Halo Top ice cream in there and have nice filling shake on those days. Depends on how full I feel after my one meal for the day.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I've cut out 90% of the things hat I don't find sustainable long term, which includes precise macro counting

I still attempt to eat protein and I still take a shake after a workout for convenience, but there are plenty of days where I don't break 100 grams and most of my calories are coming from snack foods instead

Pretty much my only guidelines nowadays are:

1) 2500 calories during the week, 3000 on the weekend
2) Try and eat at least one protein rich solid meal daily

This is sustainable forever.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
It's not worth the almond milk i have to mix with it. too expensive and you don't need it to build muscle. rather spend that $30-40 on skinless chicken thighs or some shyt