Anybody else peep Superstore on NBC

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
its simple but makes a chuckle everynow and then. I thought 10 items or less was basically the same show but funnier..but i've only seen 1 episode of this so we'll see where it goes.

2 eps in and this pretty much sums it up.

Harmless and pleasant enough show.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:patrice: Doesn't seem too funny from the trailer. Maybe I need to try the pilot out

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
This is just it's first season so i'm not expecting it to be the funniest show on television, but i like it so far. I think it can potentially be the show NBC needed to fill that "The Office" void (dosn't seem like they're really pushing it tho). Speaking of which, I think the showrunner worked on The Office.

A couple things:

1. I wish it had the confessionals from the office, and parks and rec

2. That Dina broad reminds me of Dwight Schrute.

3. They need more scenes outside of the store (pretty sure this will come to fruition in upcoming episodes)

4. There's so much shyt they can do with this show. All this show needs to do is follow that Smart Tech (from 40 year old virgin) formula, and push the network. Let them do the most outlandish shyt every week (and not get fired lol). Each week more outlandish than the previous, and this show will be GOAT.

I think the confessional aspect might make it too much like office/parks, plus they would need a conceit behind it.

C/S on Dina having a certain Dwight weirdness and doing more scenes outside the store.

I think they could do a lot with the customers each week or different members of the store, like the ep with Doug from House of Lies or the one with Jane from Happy Endings.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
It's borderline funny. But it kinda has a sort of Community/The Office blended into one show sort of vibe. It's worth watching though.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember America Ferrera coming onto the scene in Ugly Betty, but I never watched that show. Seeing her on this show, she has a certain cuteness/adorable thing going that is very appealing :takedat:

It seemed like the show might be setting up Amy and Jonah up as a potential couple, but then they revealed she is married with a kid :patrice:
Yeah but then she said that she gave up the child for adoption. And she started the show lying about her name and stated that she has a habit of doing so.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah but then she said that she gave up the child for adoption. And she started the show lying about her name and stated that she has a habit of doing so.

They did show her daughter in that one ep where Jonah helped her w/her period and showed her putting on her wedding ring

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They did show her daughter in that one ep where Jonah helped her w/her period and showed her putting on her wedding ring
Yeah, this show is cracking me up. These characters are definitely interpolations of characters from Parks & Rec and the Office but they make it work for what it is.

Natasha Leggero is one racist White girl that I would shamefully smash. I disgust myself. Amy's "boxing" and Jonah with all them tampons. Dead. This b i t c h lies too damn much. Dina's casual racism. Glenn is the man saving Dina's ass. My man caught the holy ghost at the end and was sweating with the spirit. LOL at Dina still writing Amy up and Jonah batting clean up with the daughter.

I might watch that Those Who Can't as well. I have been eating well off TV these last couple of years.

FrostBite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw a commercial for it and thought "this looks like it will be canceled after about 7 episodes". Just watched the full trailer and now think 7 episodes might be generous.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just watched the episode tonight, Glenn's voice has :deadmanny: sometimes.

Mateo cock-blocking wheelchair bro :francis:

Some pics of America who is now back on my radar :takedat:

america-ferrera-nbr-gala-04.jpg

64b18f20f12e3192a57556e40d7f94d5.jpg

america-fererra-435.jpg

635714433737192282-AP-87th-Academy-Awards-Nominees-Luncheon---Portraits.jpg

america-ferrera-confused-with-gina-rodriguez.png

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish I could dedicate this show to live viewing. I am really enjoying it but basketball was too live with the Cavs and Warriors.

Mateo with the ill c o c k block. Jonah is a fool AKA Mr. 100. Dina is a killer. I really enjoy how she interacts with anyone and everyone on the show. Glenn is still the man.

I am starting to fall in love heavy with America Ferrera again. She is breathtaking.

The music selection always cracks me up.

Telenovela is my s h i t too.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
What's that one movie with Dane Cook where he works at Sams Club?

That was a classic.

Show is good though. But like homie said... a confessionals in the break room while oblivious people eating in the background would have been nice (with an occasional interruption could have been straight jokes).