Any random games y’all recommend for PS1

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Awesome choices above and damn near each post has one I'd recommend.

Tomba! Was a very cool platformer.

Tail Concerto was a very cool Rpg-ish type game.

Brave Fencer Musashi is just fukking Awesome.

Driver 1&2 dope as shyt.

I got a soft spot for Coolboarders 2 and Jet Moto 2.

Hoshigami was a cool game in the vein of Fftactics.

SaGa Frontier 2 was nice and more accessible than the first even though fje first had it's own confusing and unfinished charm.

Einhander. If you can find that....sheeeeeeeeet.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
If you guys don’t mind you should break down why I should play the game you recommend :ohhh:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
41NRTS30TTL._AC_US218_.gif

:demonic:Violence and we may need a remaster of this:feedme:

Daps
If you guys don’t mind you should break down why I should play the game you recommend :ohhh:

Grind Session
Since you already have a Tony Hawk game, may as well play its biggest competition on the same console. It has one of the skateboarding goats in it(Daewon Song) and a similar rock and hip hop soundtrack as THPS
You may want to check out Street Sk8er too.

Soul Blade
Rival Schools
The King of Fighters '99

As far as fighting games goes, most people will suggest getting Tekken 3, but the above games are good that doesn't get as much praise. Soul Blade has one of the best openings ever, its basically Tekken with weapons. KOF 99 is the 1st of the series to have a 4 man team. Since you already have a capcom fighting game that isn't SF, Rival Schools is the perfect choice. Although you may have trouble finding Rival Schools with it being the rarest of the 3.

R4: Ridge Racer Type 4
You need a racing game. This one is damn near perfect and has one of the best last stages in a videogame ever.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Awesome choices above and damn near each post has one I'd recommend.

Tomba! Was a very cool platformer.

This was my shyt! Still got a copy somewhere. Most overlooked platformer to me.. didn't mind the sequel too much either :yeshrug:

And I don't know if it's just nostalgia but I'm throwing Mega Man Legends - seen it mentioned already - out there too

I don't know what you do and don't know about PS1 so I'll just throw some out that I don't think have been mentioned. Not chucking out many 5 star classics but these are all overlooked:

Alundra - Hidden gem, this. A Zelda-like but it gets dark as all fukk - thought I was a hard fukker begging my dad to get it me when I was 6. Wasn't built for that shyt

Azure Dreams - Randomly-generated dungeon, monster battling with a pretty cool levelling and breeding system, town building, trying to mack every broad in the city by doing stupid sidequests

Breath of Fire 3 or 4 - Your traditional turn-based RPG... I like all of 'em but yeah

Chrono Cross - Another turn-based RPG. Not a patch on Chrono Trigger but not a lot is

Cool Boarders - The clue is in the title.. you snowboard.. and it's cool. Again, more of a nostalgia pick but fukk it

Croc - One of the 1st all right 3D platformers.. doesn't suck cock like Bubsy 3D (fukking Mario 64...) but the character movement has aged like a white woman

Darkstalkers 3 - Goth Street Fighter. I remember young me first appreciating t*ts for one of the first times playing this (I read your post but :myman:)

Die Hard Trilogy - This shyt right here.. one of the GOAT arcade-style shooters. Ended up getting it on emulator but used to smash the fukk out of the demo with the airport level

Dragon Ball GT Final Bout - The first 3D DB fighter, which is groundbreaking (I'm just fukking around here.. this game is boring shyts)

Fear Effect - I had fun with this - wasn't a bad looking action-adventure but don't expect to be wow'd by the controls.. it's not aged too good

Galerians - I never see people mention this shyt. An inventive survival-horror - think sci-fi Resident Evil, pretty much. But you're some Aryan looking kid with psychic powers - can't remember why but it was cool

Gex: Enter the Gecko - Got this when I turned 8. Fun platformer with a lot of pop-culture jokes (and cac-ish humour) ... go for the UK version - better voice-actor

Jo-Jo's Bizarre Adventure - Well... it's pretty bizarre, I guess. Solid Capcom fighter based on the manga/anime or whatever - lots of personality

King of Fighters '99 - Still holds up now. Still being ported to systems now, even

Lemmings - It's fukking Lemmings

Been nostalgic but I'll post more some other time :whoo:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Dragon Ball GT Final Bout - The first 3D DB fighter, which is groundbreaking (I'm just fukking around here.. this game is boring shyts)

It didnt age well at all of course but I dunno, big dog -- I loved Final Bout. I was dying for a PS DBZ game as I dont think any had been released in the US at the time since I was in 3rd grade amidst the DBZ mayhem that had taken over playgrounds and classrooms nation wide. I think it was about 1999 going on 2000. Mom had Final Bout and DB Legends imported from Japan for me as a birthday present. I had to put some sort of spring into the console in order for my PS to read the disk. Couldn't understand a damn thing and literally had to learn through trial and error, but I loved that game and would probably give it a spin off of nostalgia alone. Future Trunks' theme was :dj2:

I had the entire grade level ready to throw hands when I showed up to class with the instruction manual. :wow: I thought the beam struggles were innovative at the time, too. That game definitely inspired the OG Budokai that came the following gen on the PS2.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
It didnt age well at all of course but I dunno, big dog -- I loved Final Bout. I was dying for a PS DBZ game as I dont think any had been released in the US at the time since I was in 3rd grade amidst the DBZ mayhem that had taken over playgrounds and classrooms nation wide. I think it was about 1999 going on 2000. Mom had Final Bout and DB Legends imported from Japan for me as a birthday present. I had to put some sort of spring into the console in order for my PS to read the disk. Couldn't understand a damn thing and literally had to learn through trial and error, but I loved that game and would probably give it a spin off of nostalgia alone. Future Trunks' theme was :dj2:

I had the entire grade level ready to throw hands when I showed up to class with the instruction manual. :wow: I thought the beam struggles were innovative at the time, too. That game definitely inspired the OG Budokai that came the following gen on the PS2.

Might have been a bit quick to throw rocks; if Final Bout was popping off like that :salute:Y'see, DBZ wasn't airing where I was till 2001 and it didn't catch fire like in the States, so I never got to see any of that hype. All the kids I knew were still just fukking with Pokemon while I was begging the folks to order me in VHS tapes and series guide books for birthdays and Christmases - I'm still calling Broly "Burori" cause of what I read then :russ: If it was that lit, I'd have Stanned it.. it's not like the PS1 had many DBZ games, to begin with, so I'd have made do

Man.. modified Playstations take me back. Had mine chipped and too many times the games were just coming out in black or white or there was no fukking sound. Did keep getting the games from the weekly fleamarket though :francis::mjlol:

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Might have been a bit quick to throw rocks; if Final Bout was popping off like that :salute:Y'see, DBZ wasn't airing where I was till 2001 and it didn't catch fire like in the States, so I never got to see any of that hype. All the kids I knew were still just fukking with Pokemon while I was begging the folks to order me in VHS tapes and series guide books for birthdays and Christmases - I'm still calling Broly "Burori" cause of what I read then :russ: If it was that lit, I'd have Stanned it.. it's not like the PS1 had many DBZ games, to begin with, so I'd have made do

Man.. modified Playstations take me back. Had mine chipped and too many times the games were just coming out in black or white or there was no fukking sound. Did keep getting the games from the weekly fleamarket though :francis::mjlol:
Yeah I’m using the PlayStation Classic to emulate all these games :blessed:
The dragonball games are kinda ass :snoop:
Maybe they were good at the time but idk about now:to:

I also could run N64 games on this thing :to:
May need to make a random N64 games to download thread :to: