any of yall were raised around or by narcissists?

Dont@Me

šŸ˜”
Daps
Dad is a narcissist. Constantly have to watch how I move and avoid arguments at all costs.
yup....the walking on eggshells to protect their fragile ass ego is real. Yet, they're the first one to call someone sensitive, but you cannot give them any form of criticism without them raging. Can't stand these people.
stunted my development, pretty sure I'm suffer from schizoid personality disorder
i could see that happening as a defense mechanism. i do find joy in relationships, but extremely rarely seek them out. I have no attachment to any of my family and moved states years ago and never "long" to go back and i don't miss any of them or anything either. I definitely am a loner though. I've lost long-time friendships and kinda just :yeshrug:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
just finding out how living with an older narcissistic sibling has affected me and several habits i have to this day that have quite literally fukked up my life.
my behavior, philosophies, way of life, everything is affected by it and i find myself internally raging randomly throughout the day of punchin the head clean off this nikka while i softly whisper in his ear how i wanna end him for good. All those years of abuse that only resurfaced decades later and i got no one to talk to about this shyt that understands or would even want to hear it.

some folks had narcissists as parents which is even worse, but my parents sat by idly while my brother abused me and chucked it up to "sibling rivalry".
it's so deep that i'm honestly resenting my dead dad over this shyt right now.
trust me your not alone bro. And yes im talking about a parent

These types will make you catch a case

Most of this just drifts off into "thats just the way they are" in black communities/households but NO these people have whole personality disorders and it deals with mental health

Doing a deep dive in the MH portion of this helped me deal with it better

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
My ol girl is a huge narcissist, my dad is/was the total opposite. They had me at an older age and I'm their youngest child....I didn't think it effected, as my mom left the house when I was around 12 or so. (Separated not divorced, old school Haitians don't divorce, even the woman leaving the house is super odd in Haitian culture)

I never thought it effected me, and in a lot of ways I respected my mom as a woman for moving how she did because it's so against the grain to her culture. Still do in a lot of ways. But her narcissism comes with a lack of emotion for others and is willing to put herself before god and set fire to any relationship she has if it's in defense of her self/own fukk ups.

Didn't realize it effected me (and to a degree passed on to me) til my dad passed last year. She showed her ass on a level that's not really reparable, which led to me reviewing our relationship, family dynamic, and past offenses or lack of care.

In defense of herself or to seek attention, has legit tried to destroy me & my siblings' relationships, marriages, way we view our father. :francis:lover her tho

Dont@Me

šŸ˜”
Daps
trust me your not alone bro. And yes im talking about a parent

Most of this just drifts off into "thats just the way they are" in black communities/households but NO these people have whole personality disorders and it deals with mental health

Doing a deep dive in the MH portion of this helped me deal with it better
i've started doing this less than a week ago and this is what is resurfacing everything and bringing up these wild emotions.
Maybe this is just the initial phase of getting better (i hope at least), but i hope i don't stay stuck on angry.
All of these "that's just how they are" apologists and enablers need to eat a dikk too, and i'm about done with the toxic positivity and people just wanting everyone to get along. They all gettin cut off. I could curse out my mom and dead dad over letting this abuse fly and fukking me up like this, but part of me knows that they don't even know the half (i don't even know if that makes it better).

Menna

All Star
Daps
just finding out how living with an older narcissistic sibling has affected me and several habits i have to this day that have quite literally fukked up my life.
my behavior, philosophies, way of life, everything is affected by it and i find myself internally raging randomly throughout the day of punchin the head clean off this nikka while i softly whisper in his ear how i wanna end him for good. All those years of abuse that only resurfaced decades later and i got no one to talk to about this shyt that understands or would even want to hear it.

some folks had narcissists as parents which is even worse, but my parents sat by idly while my brother abused me and chucked it up to "sibling rivalry".
it's so deep that i'm honestly resenting my dead dad over this shyt right now.
Bro get away from the Narcissist or sociopath or histrionic or cluster B personality disordered humanā€¦ there is no changing or fixing create your own life just about everyone has narcissistic tendencies but a real narcissist will bring everyone around them down there is no getting even or getting over but you can move on and create a life for yourselfā€¦This is the best explanation I can find vid is below

. My friend of 20 years was a narcissist him and his wife wanted me to fukk his wife while he watchedā€¦They named me godfather to their childā€¦I got out of that and disappearedā€¦You can keep your brother at a healthy distance while you make money and stay healthyā€¦ thereā€™s no one there brah itā€™s just a machine operating on emotions mostly lower negative emotionsā€¦get away

What you are dealing with if you choose to deal with it

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
And yes im talking about a parent

I definitely ascribed to the "that's just the way they are" stuff, especially with family. But there's gotta be limits. Unfortunately as family (from her children, husband, sisters) we let my mom go way past that limit. But after last year, I had to stop communication outside of major family events. The lack of access to me, somehow triggers her more into a defense/attack mentality.

My brother has seen it for a a while but I always blew it off, but last year while my dad was on his death bed.....saw a look in my mom's eye that had me like

:wtf::huhldup::picard: damn near some evil Split shyt going on

Dont@Me

šŸ˜”
Daps
Bro get away from the Narcissist or sociopath or histrionic or cluster B personality disordered humanā€¦ there is no changing or fixing create your own life just about everyone has narcissistic tendencies but a real narcissist will bring everyone around them down there is no getting even or getting over but you can move on and create a life for yourselfā€¦This is the best explanation I can find vid is below

. My friend of 20 years was a narcissist him and his wife wanted me to fukk his wife while he watchedā€¦They named me godfather to their childā€¦I got out of that and disappearedā€¦You can keep your brother at a healthy distance while you make money and stay healthyā€¦ thereā€™s no one there brah itā€™s just a machine operating on emotions mostly lower negative emotionsā€¦get away

What you are dealing with if you choose to deal with it

I've been no contact from my brother for over a year :manny: ain't no way i'm "loving him from a distance". I fully hate that nikka and wish him a lifetime of torture before he even expires :manny::manny:. He had a majory surgery months ago and i felt nothing but apathy and never checked up on him or anything. I've clearly got worse (or beginning to get better) since then, because i'm far past the point of apathy and am angry now.

thanks for the video. i've been watching a lot of Dr. Ramani's videos

you seem to know wussup to stay away from these people, which i usually do anyway....i just never was able to deep dive into it because i didn't know he was a legitimate textbook narcissist.

Dont@Me

šŸ˜”
Daps
I definitely ascribed to the "that's just the way they are" stuff, especially with family. But there's gotta be limits. Unfortunately as family (from her children, husband, sisters) we let my mom go way past that limit. But after last year, I had to stop communication outside of major family events. The lack of access to me, somehow triggers her more into a defense/attack mentality.

My brother has seen it for a a while but I always blew it off, but last year while my dad was on his death bed.....saw a look in my mom's eye that had me like

:wtf::huhldup::picard: damn near some evil Split shyt going on
let me guess.....she plays the, "boy, i'm yo MAMA!" card to guilt trip you into accepting her negative ways huh? :hhh:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
i've started doing this less than a week ago and this is what is resurfacing everything and bringing up these wild emotions.
Maybe this is just the initial phase of getting better (i hope at least), but i hope i don't stay stuck on angry.
All of these "that's just how they are" apologists and enablers need to eat a dikk too, and i'm about done with the toxic positivity and people just wanting everyone to get along. They all gettin cut off. I could curse out my mom and dead dad over letting this abuse fly and fukking me up like this, but part of me knows that they don't even know the half (i don't even know if that makes it better).
Yea but u have to take into account that a lot of elders weren't looking at this from a neuro ,more scientific perspective, mostly was just maybe spiritual at best

I forgave alot of ignorance for that reason. They are not using the same tools you are using to make assessments

Finding out that all this time you were dealing with a person with a social disorder, is like watching a movie with a major plot twist at the end

One that makes you look at all the scenes differently from the beginning when you go back through it

Thats basically me making sense of why this person was acting this way since my childhood.

Menna

All Star
Daps
I've been no contact from my brother for over a year :manny: ain't no way i'm "loving him from a distance". I fully hate that nikka and wish him a lifetime of torture before he even expires :manny::manny:. He had a majory surgery months ago and i felt nothing but apathy and never checked up on him or anything. I've clearly got worse (or beginning to get better) since then, because i'm far past the point of apathy and am angry now.

thanks for the video. i've been watching a lot of Dr. Ramani's videos

you seem to know wussup to stay away from these people, which i usually do anyway....i just never was able to deep dive into it because i didn't know he was a legitimate textbook narcissist.

Iā€™ve listen to her sheā€™s good the guy I posted has been in the game longerā€¦

I only hinted at ā€œkeeping in touchā€ cause he is blood meaning a happy birthday text or happy holidays shytā€¦but if you donā€™t feel like it you prob better off going no contactā€¦for now.

I donā€™t know how old you are but when you were young you prob surpressed a lot of the trauma so you could survive and now itā€™s coming to the surfaceā€¦

I would continue to learn about the condition watch the vids learn , meditate, go make some money and workoutā€¦

I would guess your not 60 years old so your life isnā€™t over you will get better through learning about the condition and you have to give it timeā€¦

I had to leave two little girls to get away one was a god daughter I never thought Iā€™d have to do thatā€¦leaving grown adult friends who cares but I know I hurt those kids your brother is older than you and a dikk ā€¦ this ainā€™t no thing sign up for online therapy shyt if you need it or just live life and things will fadeā€¦create a goalā€¦learn an instrument or get a part time job make money and interact with more peopleā€¦get out there create a different lifeā€¦

The good news is you arenā€™t the narcissist the trauma is like dirt on you it will wash off itā€™s not you ā€¦ stay up

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You gotta cut a narcissistic completely off and not even entertain 1% of the bullshyt. Just cut them out your life. If you passive they gonna manipulate the fukk out of you. If you confrontational itā€™s just gonna be arguments and toxic shyt all the time. Having a zero tolerance for fukk shyt better is the best thing you can do for peace of mind. If I was a mental health professional I would prescribe zerotolerance pills. Made by No fukk shyt Rx. 1000 milligrams per pill. Im taxing too. I need $40 a pill. No wholesale. All breakdowns

Menna

All Star
Daps
because i'm far past the point of apathy and am angry now.
You are angry because of the negative effects he had on you and the time wasted not being able to be yourself and you had his narcissistic influence on you now you realize it and also realize thereā€™s more work to do to get over it or come to termsā€¦yea itā€™s a lot of time wasted or not spent being who you could of been but what can you do :yeshrug: you didnā€™t pick him as a brother the only sin here is what you do with the knowledge you have now ā€¦ you know better and are in more control of your life make better choices for your life everyday ā€¦6 months from now you goodā€¦we have things we have to do everyday every week every month to be successful here thereā€™s no time to waste you were already sidetracked itā€™s time to course correctā€¦Take care of yourself