Any of yall ride road bikes for exercise?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Did 43 miles on my single speed today just for the hell of it

Check out this app to track your rides called Relive, it's pretty dope. It's plots out your whole route once you're finished with your ride. I also use an app called Strava to keep track of all my excursions as well since it's the most popular one atm.

Relive 'Best thing i ever did was invest in myself'

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Second hand bikes are the way to go.. much cheaper

Buying brand new is dumb af unless you rich

TBH I got the bread for a new one but I don't know enough about bikes to buy from someone...do you know anything I should look out for if I buy off craigslist or from FB market or whatever?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
TBH I got the bread for a new one but I don't know enough about bikes to buy from someone...do you know anything I should look out for if I buy off craigslist or from FB market or whatever?

How tall are you? Do you want something sporty or comfy? Geared or single speed? As long as you know your size, you can pretty much get whatever you want from CL and be straight as long as the frame hasn't been in a major accident. All brands measure differently, so use charts as a general base and then cross check with the manufacturers recommendations before proceeding with any serious inquiries.

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
How tall are you? Do you want something sporty or comfy? Geared or single speed? As long as you know your size, you can pretty much get whatever you want from CL and be straight as long as the frame hasn't been in a major accident. All brands measure differently, so use charts as a general base and then cross check with the manufacturers recommendations before proceeding with any serious inquiries.

5'7 and I'm looking for a hybrid. Geared preferably. What size bike should I get? I went to go do a "bike fitting" but COVID fukked that up.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
5'7 and I'm looking for a hybrid. What size bike should I get? I went to go do a "bike fitting" but COVID fukked that up

Somewhere around the 54cm range *generally*, make sure to double check with the manufacturer's recommendations because they all measure differently. Some do stand-over height, others go by top tube length. You can always ask the CL seller how tall they are and how well it fit them as well. Bikes don't have to be an expensive investment, it's really all about the engine (you) that's running it.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Bikes have been flying off the shelves since the pandemic started.

I just got a tune up to my bike not too long ago. It's riding much much smoother.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Haven't rode a bike since I was a teenager :dead: a lot of celebrities are doing it which makes me want to buy one. Do y'all ride on the road or on the sidewalk? My city doesn't have a good bike lane.