Any movies you think had an uncredited co-director?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Mel Gibson I believe directed the 3rd act of Payback. I accidently bought the directors cut long time ago.

The film was shot from September to November 1997, in Chicago and Los Angeles, though neither city is referred to in the film. Although credited as director, Brian Helgeland's cut of the film was not the theatrical version released to audiences. Helgeland notoriously clashed with producer Gibson over Gibson's ideas for the film. After the end of principal photography, Gibson admitted that he was instrumental in having Helgeland removed as director before the film was released.[5] A script rewrite by Terry Hayes was ordered. There was initially some uncertainty on who directed the reshoots, with some sources claiming it was the production designer John Myhre.[6] However, Paul Abascal has stated on his website that he in fact directed the new scenes.[7] The new director reshot 30% of the film.[8] The intent was to make the Porter character accessible. The film's tagline became: "Get Ready to Root for the Bad Guy." A potentially controversial scene between Porter and Lynn which arguably involves spousal abuse was excised and more plot elements were added to the third act. After 10 days of reshoots, a new opening scene and voiceover track also were added, and Kris Kristofferson walked on as a new villain.[9]

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
IMO they're not on the level of The Sixth Sense. They're good movies, but Sixth Sense is on another level
The direction and shots are pretty similar if you compare unbreakable and sixth sense. I don’t think the quality is far enough apart to think a different director did it. He always lived and died by how interesting his premise and twist is.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Edgar Wright was heavily involved with pre production before dropping out of the first Ant Man.
You can see traces of his style through out the film

Yeah, he's got a screenplay credit on it. There are scenes that are most definitely just shot straight from what he originally wrote. The "Baskin Robbins" always finds out running gag, including the smash cut when he gets fired, the music gag in the helicopter, the Luis explanation scenes (especially the one at the end) are all basically as he would've directed them.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
The direction and shots are pretty similar if you compare unbreakable and sixth sense. I don’t think the quality is far enough apart to think a different director did it. He always lived and died by how interesting his premise and twist is.
Yeah they are all very similar. 6th Sense is the best because the twist was executed the best.

Unbreakable has an excellent twist but it's anticlimactic.

Signs, imo, is his most repayable movie and for me was on its way to become his best film but the twist was a big reach and when you think about it, the movie doesnt make much sense. But the atmosphere and music was all top-tier. M. Knights last great movie imo.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I always thought M. Night had help with the 6th Sense.
That could explain the drop off in quality after that movie

That's just hating, most of his other movies are fine.

M. Night suffers from the "one great idea" problem, where someone comes into the industry with a fantastic idea that pretty much drives the picture on its own, and nothing after that compares cause we mistook the level of idea for the level of skill.

Look at "The Usual Suspects" for something similar - that's considered one of the best scripts of all time, written and directed by two newcomers on a relatively small budget.... and both of their careers afterwards were mediocre.

Exactly. I've wondered what he's look like directing someone else's material more often.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Devil co directed Precious
Dap and rep if you know who I jacked that joke from