Any Mass Gainer Shakes that Don’t Taste Like Garbage Or Will Make Me Feel Like shyt?

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
You gotta learn how to read labels breh:francis:

Stop looking at the big overall numbers on the bag and pay attention to details. Serving size is the most important number when you're doing a comparison. The SM scoops look like they're for laundry detergent and you need two of these:mjlol::scust:

A serving of SM is 334 grams
1250 calories
50g protein

A serving of Klean Gainer is only 136 grams so let's double that and it's only 272 grams which is still way less than SM and that gives you:
1120 calories
60g protein

You get way more protein with KG and it's higher quality because they use isolate and SM doesn't. I've taken SM and that shyt does not digest as easily as KG and doesn't taste anywhere near as good. SM is garbage in comparison. I've also taken ON Pro Gainer which shyts on SM but still isn't better than KG.

You can recognize every ingredient in KG but can't tell me what half that stuff is in SM without a Google search. SM is loaded with filler. There's a reason it's so cheap.

Like I said use a cup and a half of Fairlife Whole Milk, two Tbsps of peanut butter, a banana, and a serving of KG that gives you:
1080 calories
57g protein

Or just buy a high quality protein powder and make your own mass gainers for cheap.

1) Serving size is not the most important number to me when doing a comparison, the macros are. One scoop of SM is roughly twice the macros of two scoops of Clean, but the Clean gainer might have a denser powder which would explain why. Comparing them off volume is kinda silly when you think about it. YMMV.

2) 60g from 2 scoops of Clean is not way more than 50g from one serving of SM. It's 10g. (I usually add a scoop of ON whey to my SM and it still works out to be cheaper than 2 scoops of Clean while bumping it up to 74g.)

3) Pro Gainer doesn't have enough carbs or calories for the price IMO and tastes like ass compared to SM. It does mix better (i.e. without a blender) than SM. I only use it when not actively bulking (or I'm banging out 2 servings a day).

4) I don't have digestion problems from any type of gainer, whey, or milk so digestion is not a factor for me. Again, YMMV.

5) I can recognize the ingredients for what they are. SM has more vitamins, minerals, and even things like creatine in it. CG might use better quality shyt, but at the end of the day it's still a processed weight gain powder. Arguing which protein "has better ingredients" is kinda like arguing who's the tallest midget.

6) If I add a cup and a half of whole milk, two Tbsp of PB, and a banana to one serving of CG (not sure why you call it KG) I get:
1,805 calories
71 g protein
301g carbs

Not sure what your point with this was. Adding macros to a weight gain powder increases the macros of the drink.

7) Lastly, the "Or just buy a high quality protein powder and make your own mass gainers for cheap" spiel sounds great until you actually do the math and add up the cost of the ingredients. Without even factoring in the time required to buy and make the homemade mass gainer, you're usually in spitting distance if not exceeding the price of a pre-made powder.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1) Serving size is not the most important number to me when doing a comparison, the macros are. One scoop of SM is roughly twice the macros of two scoops of Clean, but the Clean gainer might have a denser powder which would explain why. Comparing them off volume is kinda silly when you think about it. YMMV.

2) 60g from 2 scoops of Clean is not way more than 50g from one serving of SM. It's 10g. (I usually add a scoop of ON whey to my SM and it still works out to be cheaper than 2 scoops of Clean while bumping it up to 74g.)

3) Pro Gainer doesn't have enough carbs or calories for the price IMO and tastes like ass compared to SM. It does mix better (i.e. without a blender) than SM. I only use it when not actively bulking (or I'm banging out 2 servings a day).

4) I don't have digestion problems from any type of gainer, whey, or milk so digestion is not a factor for me. Again, YMMV.

5) I can recognize the ingredients for what they are. SM has more vitamins, minerals, and even things like creatine in it. CG might use better quality shyt, but at the end of the day it's still a processed weight gain powder. Arguing which protein "has better ingredients" is kinda like arguing who's the tallest midget.

6) If I add a cup and a half of whole milk, two Tbsp of PB, and a banana to one serving of CG (not sure why you call it KG) I get:
1,805 calories
71 g protein
301g carbs

Not sure what your point with this was. Adding macros to a weight gain powder increases the macros of the drink.

7) Lastly, the "Or just buy a high quality protein powder and make your own mass gainers for cheap" spiel sounds great until you actually do the math and add up the cost of the ingredients. Without even factoring in the time required to buy and make the homemade mass gainer, you're usually in spitting distance if not exceeding the price of a pre-made powder.

1):gucci:

Yogurt brand A has 18g of protein
Yogurt brand B has 12g

If brand A is 10oz and brand B is 5oz which one has more protein?

2) There's a sightly bigger difference than 10g because two scoops of KG is still less than the serving size of SM. Serving size counts.

If you like SM than use but it's loaded with crap which is why ON makes Pro Gainer with better ingredients.

SM doesn't have half the amount of creatine that you're supposed to be taking daily even if you take 4 scoops.

The whole point of making your own mass gainer is to use whole foods and avoid the chemicals, sugars, and things like maltodextrin. Oats, bananas, and peanut butter are dirt cheap are healthier. It takes a minute to toss them in a blender.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
1):gucci:

Yogurt brand A has 18g of protein
Yogurt brand B has 12g

If brand A is 10oz and brand B is 5oz which one has more protein?

2) There's a sightly bigger difference than 10g because two scoops of KG is still less than the serving size of SM. Serving size counts.

If you like SM than use but it's loaded with crap which is why ON makes Pro Gainer with better ingredients.

SM doesn't have half the amount of creatine that you're supposed to be taking daily even if you take 4 scoops.

The whole point of making your own mass gainer is to use whole foods and avoid the chemicals, sugars, and things like maltodextrin. Oats, bananas, and peanut butter are dirt cheap are healthier. It takes a minute to toss them in a blender.

1) :gucci:
Brand B has more protein per oz but less per serving. So Imma eat 2 cups of Brand B? :usure:

2) Serving size really doesn't matter in this case and no half-assed logic is gonna make me think otherwise. Once you add the same amount of liquid, whether using CG or SM, it's gonna take up roughly the same amount of space in your stomach.

3) SM has 3g of creatine monohydrate per serving. Not sure how much you take a day but you prolly don't need nearly that much (assuming you even take creatine). :mjgrin:

But you do you man. :hubie:

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
Guess ill piggy back off this thread.

Im looking for a good/decent weight gainer/protein powder, that is lactose free, if such a thing exist

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Im looking for a good/decent weight gainer/protein powder, that is lactose free, if such a thing exist
Mike Rashid's Planta is vegan. The Banana Maple French Toast tastes GAF. It is a little pricey so you if you plan on taking a lot per day you might have to look at other more cost effective options.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You're better off just buying a blender and making your own breh. Most mass gainers are filled with cheap fillers so finding that is going to be hard IMO.

Last edited:

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
Mike Rashid's Planta is vegan. The Banana Maple French Toast tastes GAF. It is a little pricey so you if you plan on taking a lot per day you might have to look at other more cost effective options.

Just googled it. Serving size is 25 if you only use one scoop per, but id use two per, so one shake a day for 12 days, $50 plus whatever shipping would be...ouch that is high.

2 scoops would give me
200cals-4g carb-40g protein-2g fat- bunch of random vitamins. :patrice:

You're better off just buying a blender and making your own breh. Most mass gainers are filled with cheap fillers so finding that is going to be hard IMO>
Lactose free milk about 4dollars
Frozen mixed berries about $10/6 servings so lets add two here $20
Great value vanilla yogurt about 2.50/6 servings- add two here $5
Oatmeal $4
Peanut butter $3
Olive oil $8
= $44. Am i missing something here?

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just googled it. Serving size is 25 if you only use one scoop per, but id use two per, so one shake a day for 12 days, $50 plus whatever shipping would be...ouch that is high.

2 scoops would give me
200cals-4g carb-40g protein-2g fat- bunch of random vitamins. :patrice:

Lactose free milk about 4dollars
Frozen mixed berries about $10/servings so lets add two here $20
Great value vanilla yogurt about 2.50/6 servings- add two here $5
Oatmeal $4
Peanut butter $3
Olive oil $8
= $44. Am i missing something here?

Sounds about right. You could buy the bigger tub of yogurt which would be cheaper per serving;