Any Mass Gainer Shakes that Don’t Taste Like Garbage Or Will Make Me Feel Like shyt?

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been taking Serious Mass for about almost two weeks now. Started out with 1 scoop and moved to 2 scoops last Saturday taking one scoop after breakfast and one in the afternoon. Yesterday I felt like complete garbage after I drank that 2nd shake. :picard:
Decided to make my own shake today and put in a cup of oats, raspberries, bananas, 2 tables spoons of peanut butter, some honey and 2 cups of milk. Tried to take a sip but couldn’t stand the taste or smell so I just threw that shyt in the garbage. Any ideas for some shakes or better yet how to put on weight without torturing myself with this shyt?:scust:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Been taking Serious Mass for about almost two weeks now. Started out with 1 scoop and moved to 2 scoops last Saturday taking one scoop after breakfast and one in the afternoon. Yesterday I felt like complete garbage after I drank that 2nd shake. :picard:
Decided to make my own shake today and put in a cup of oats, raspberries, bananas, 2 tables spoons of peanut butter, some honey and 2 cups of milk. Tried to take a sip but couldn’t stand the taste or smell so I just threw that shyt in the garbage. Any ideas for some shakes or better yet how to put on weight without torturing myself with this shyt?:scust:
How many cals are you trying to achieve each day?

What are the rest of your meals besides the shakes?

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

No. Most mass gainers taste pretty bad. Which flavor of Serious Mass are you taking? I do the chocolate peanut butter, it's okay. Chocolate and vanilla are turrible.

You could make your own, but if you use any type of protein the cost per serving ends up being about the same, but it takes more time to make and becomes less portable (SM requires 0 refrigeration).

Also, be advised that the way you described taking SM is not optimal or as directed. One full serving of SM is about 336 grams, closer to 4 scoops. If you are only going to take 2/day in 2 shakes, you'd prolly be better off taking 2 scoops of normal whey and KIM. More cals, more protein, and about the same cost.

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
If your looking for STRICTLY calories then I'd recommend
NTA004.jpg

Great smooth non gritty taste but only 10g of protein

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
The macros on that look turrible. Bruh might as well mix two scoops of protein with 2 cups of milk twice a day.
:scust:

What a rip off

10 g of protons per serving?! Might be the worse product I’ve seen
:yeshrug:
Like I said it's for STRICTLY calories. Get your protein from actual food. All I know is I've used it and it works. Didnt win best weight gaining product like 8 years in a row for no reason

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Like I said it's for STRICTLY calories. Get your protein from actual food. All I know is I've used it and it works. Didnt win best weight gaining product like 8 years in a row for no reason
I mean yeah but why not get the cals from actual food also? Best part of a programmed surplus is the :eat:

Plus the cost is wild at the highest cal counts. $60 on amazon for 6 servings and that doesn’t include the milk. Might as well go to Chipotle.

Last edited:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You sure you taking mass gainer off two scoops ? Most them joints say 6 scoops ...regular whey be 1 or 2

Son Goku

Daps

I mean yeah but why not get the cals from actual food also? Best part of a programmed surplus is the :eat:

Plus the cost is wild at the highest cal counts. $60 on amazon for 6 servings and that doesn’t include the milk. Might as well go to Chipotle.

Please OP do not listen to what @MaxBundles said. This makes no point from a logistical or fiscal standpoint.

@The ADD is correct. If the shyt has no protein (it's actually lacking in calories too; bulk of the cals are coming from whole milk) and is expensive, you'd be better off eating those calories or even skipping the milk.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Klean Gainer Chocolate is delicious and has better ingredients than most mass gainers. Serious Mass is terrible. Use this with some Fairlife whole milk and you'll put on lbs easy

Chocolate_PB__70047.1558104136.png

Clean-Gainer-facts.png

Son Goku

Daps
Clean Gainer Chocolate is delicious and has better ingredients than most mass gainers. Serious Mass is terrible. Use this with some Fairlife whole milk and you'll put on lbs easy

Chocolate_PB__70047.1558104136.png

Clean-Gainer-facts.png

Ingredients look comparable to me (SM has more vitamins and minerals in it), but the price is the same for half the calories. :hhh:

sm_lab_1.png

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ingredients look comparable to me (SM has more vitamins and minerals in it), but the price is the same for half the calories. :hhh:

sm_lab_1.png

You gotta learn how to read labels breh:francis:

Stop looking at the big overall numbers on the bag and pay attention to details. Serving size is the most important number when you're doing a comparison. The SM scoops look like they're for laundry detergent and you need two of these:mjlol::scust:
maxresdefault.jpg

Klean Gainer scoop:
Screenshot-20200704-074505-2.png

A serving of SM is 334 grams
1250 calories
50g protein

A serving of Klean Gainer is only 136 grams so let's double that and it's only 272 grams which is still way less than SM and that gives you:
1120 calories
60g protein

You get way more protein with KG and it's higher quality because they use isolate and SM doesn't. I've taken SM and that shyt does not digest as easily as KG and doesn't taste anywhere near as good. SM is garbage in comparison. I've also taken ON Pro Gainer which shyts on SM but still isn't better than KG.

You can recognize every ingredient in KG but can't tell me what half that stuff is in SM without a Google search. SM is loaded with filler. There's a reason it's so cheap.

Like I said use a cup and a half of Fairlife Whole Milk, two Tbsps of peanut butter, a banana, and a serving of KG that gives you:
1080 calories
57g protein

Or just buy a high quality protein powder and make your own mass gainers for cheap.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What I used to do after I quit mass gainers:
True Nutrition unflavored custom protein blend (Whey Iso, Egg, Micellar Casein)
Half cup rolled oats
Tbsp Peanut butter
Tbsp flax seed or coconut oil
1 banana
Whole milk (Fairlife or Lactaid) 12oz
=
800 calories
54g protein (47 if using Lactaid)

Drink one post workout and before bed. If I'm not bulking I use unsweetened almond milk and no oats.

The oats make the shake a little chewy but you can blend it with milk and leave it in the fridge to break the oats down. Add the other ingredients when you're ready to drink.