Any Excel experts? Need help.

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
I have another issue this time and I still don't know how to use vlookup.

Damn I hate excel. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

The values I need all say #REF!, the others say #N/A. The N/A means no matches were found. But how do I get the matches, the #REF!, in the cells that I need?

Take the time to learn how to use the vlookup function. It will be your very best friend, trust me.

Solano707

The Coli's dirty Afro-Mexicano
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California (Live in GA)
Need some assistance I can't seem to find the answer searching google.

I have a copy and paste problem when the filter is on.

I have two excel files. In file 1 I have 475 entries. When I apply filter I get 175 entries. Now In the other excel file (file 2) I have some data for those exact 175 entries. I want to copy data from a column in excel file 2 and want to paste in a column in excel file 1.

If I paste directly, it will never matches the corresponding cells. It says "the information cannot be pasted because the copy area and the paste area are not in the same size and shape"

Is there any way I can copy data from file 2 i.e .(without filters) and paste in file 1 (with filters)?

11379172_1093022560725251_1301710131_n.jpg

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I have another issue this time and I still don't know how to use vlookup.

Damn I hate excel. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

The values I need all say #REF!, the others say #N/A. The N/A means no matches were found. But how do I get the matches, the #REF!, in the cells that I need?

What's the syntax for your vlookup? If you're getting reference errors from vlookup, that means the cells you're looking for the value in have reference problems.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
LOL...I never put excel on there. I'm no expert...I just know the basics.
Take the time to learn how to use the vlookup function. It will be your very best friend, trust me.
What's the syntax for your vlookup? If you're getting reference errors from vlookup, that means the cells you're looking for the value in have reference problems.
I figured it out. I was referencing the wrong column (3 instead of 2). I also had to change the cells so they didn't view the numbers as text. (Data tab, Text to Columns, Finish).

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
Three options.

1) cut the filtered columns then paste in blank workbook, the cut from new black workbook and paste to desired location.

2) vlookup or index, but it's unclear from your post that this is what you want.

3) if then function. =if(a1'tab1=a1"tab2",b1"tab1")

Last edited:

morris

Superstar
Daps
HAHAHAHA!

I'm a pro at Excel but yeah, some people be faking the funk with this. I can do anything you want in Excel. My dashboards are piff.

Got one for you:
Instructions
1. Please add the custom data inputs (Disease based service line, In network physicians) into the Market Share Data tab
2. Create a graph showing in network market share by disease based service line

I'm unsure about sharing the file but here is a screenshot:

KD348rh.png

I placed this formula in "DiseaseBased" sheet:
=VLOOKUP($A2,$A$1:$C$3755,1,0)

And this in the "In Network" sheet:
=VLOOKUP($A2,A2:A1318,1,0)

I think the best way though is to copy and paste work from "DiseaseBased" & "In Network" sheets into "Custom" sheets, then using VLOOKUP to transfer it into "Market Share" [I think =VLOOKUP(Q2,'DiseaseBased'!,$A$1:$C$3755,1,0)] and =VLOOKUP(R2,'InNetwork'!A2:A1318,1,0)

Then add a Pivot table to get the values they are asking for before doing either a Circle graph or a bar graph

I'm unsure if this is the right way as I was stuck after copying the cells (the structure in order to make the graph)

Any help is appreciated

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Got one for you:
Instructions
1. Please add the custom data inputs (Disease based service line, In network physicians) into the Market Share Data tab
2. Create a graph showing in network market share by disease based service line

I'm unsure about sharing the file but here is a screenshot:

KD348rh.png

I placed this formula in "DiseaseBased" sheet:
=VLOOKUP($A2,$A$1:$C$3755,1,0)

And this in the "In Network" sheet:
=VLOOKUP($A2,A2:A1318,1,0)

I think the best way though is to copy and paste work from "DiseaseBased" & "In Network" sheets into "Custom" sheets, then using VLOOKUP to transfer it into "Market Share" [I think =VLOOKUP(Q2,'DiseaseBased'!,$A$1:$C$3755,1,0)] and =VLOOKUP(R2,'InNetwork'!A2:A1318,1,0)

Then add a Pivot table to get the values they are asking for before doing either a Circle graph or a bar graph

I'm unsure if this is the right way as I was stuck after copying the cells (the structure in order to make the graph)

Any help is appreciated
You ever try excel formula bot: