Any brehs do Gov contracting?

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eye opening interview OP. I am also in the IT field, and I'd love to take advantage of this opportunity. I have some research to do.
Going the cybersecurity route it's much easier. Just sign-up for a DOD Cyber challenge.

But I wouldn't work for the Feds again if I can help it.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
Going the cybersecurity route it's much easier. Just sign-up for a DOD Cyber challenge.

But I wouldn't work for the Feds again if I can help it.
Thanks.

Im not looking for a 9 to 5, I want that contract money.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
How do you just apply? I thought that only employers could give you the SF86? I'm not trying to troll, I legitimately would like to know since clearances seems to be the way to go nowadays. Trying to get my foot in the door before MAGAts close that option as well.
I got on as an open-to-the-public hire, my background took longer than usual from what vets told me after I started. Just apply, I think I remember a veteran option on the app. This was years ago, don't know what's changed. I don't think republicans are closing that door anytime soon, blowback would be crazy.

Coworkers and managers were telling me to apply for higher positions, but I didn't have my bachelor's at the time. Heard it was hard not to make the transition without one.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Didn’t watch that video but been doing GovTech for a while. Once I got my clearance, shyt’s been cake.

Clearancejobs is a godsend. Just make sure you make your resume federally formatted, I had no idea there was such a drastic difference.
The hard part is the clearance....
I used to have one but it expired( so it might be easier to get another one?). Looking for a short gig that will give me a clearance though.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California

Do you follow Symone Beez on ig and youtube?? Govtech is all she talks about.

idk why she does that and what her goal is. Govtech was a well kept secret. All she's doing is advertising govtech to latinos, who will end up flocking to it tbh. Been seeing a lot of them move to the DMV for thisr reason. Even in her comments its always one or two edgars in the cut asking questions :dead:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The hard part is the clearance....
I used to have one but it expired( so it might be easier to get another one?). Looking for a short gig that will give me a clearance though.
If expired over 5 years you have to do the re-investigation from scratch anyway. You can get your interim clearance quickly. But it will probably take awhile before it goes final. You don't want to leave before the clearance goes final.

But it's usually easier to get these cleared jobs away from the VA or DC area. Because you'll have less cleared individuals competing for the same jobs. I used to look at Government contract award info to see who will need to ramp up hiring.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
If expired over 5 years you have to do the re-investigation from scratch anyway. You can get your interim clearance quickly. But it will probably take awhile before it goes final. You don't want to leave before the clearance goes final.

But it's usually easier to get these cleared jobs away from the VA or DC area. Because you'll have less cleared individuals competing for the same jobs. I used to look at Government contract award info to see who will need to ramp up hiring.
idk what this means tbh. In my final year of Comp E this year and I;m looking for aways to "re-activate" my secret. It expired around early 2021/.late 2020

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk what this means tbh. In my final year of Comp E this year and I;m looking for aways to "re-activate" my secret. It expired around early 2021/.late 2020
It means that after 2 years you need to start the clearance investigation process all over again. Versus if it was under 2 years they could just re-instate it like you never left.

There might be some wiggle room on the timelines. But it saves a ton of time if you don't need to start from scratch getting cleared again. Its not impossible to get a company to sponsor you for a clearance once yours laps. But in my experience those are the jobs that hard to fill and almost nobody wants. Hence the reason their willing to sponsor someone that doesn't have an active clearance.