Any brehs do Gov contracting?

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
i work for my family's construction company up in Chicago. we bid on a lot of work for schools, township, city, transit, etc (govt/public)

Most city/state/counties are mandated to use MBE/MWBE for a certain percentage of projects, private companies shoot for a certain amount as well. We're a certified MBE (minority business enterprise) so that gets us projects that we might not get otherwise. I'm still fresh in the business but there's a lot of good paying contracts to get from the govt in various industries

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
i work for my family's construction company up in Chicago. we bid on a lot of work for schools, township, city, transit, etc (govt/public)

Most city/state/counties are mandated to use MBE/MWBE for a certain percentage of projects, private companies shoot for a certain amount as well. We're a certified MBE (minority business enterprise) so that gets us projects that we might not get otherwise. I'm still fresh in the business but there's a lot of good paying contracts to get from the govt in various industries
Thanks for the info. I’ll keep researching

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Definitely working for an MBE/MWBE doesn't hurt. Or if you own your Company even better. There are always initiatives from the Gov't to work those entities. Even the private sector has those same initiatives primarily because it helps them get tax breaks and shyt if they can say x % of their spend was with MBE/MWBE. My Company services both Gov't, Private, and Public Companies. We are consistently tasked with researching and tracking Minority spend for our Clients.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi

Definitely working for an MBE/MWBE doesn't hurt. Or if you own your Company even better. There are always initiatives from the Gov't to work those entities. Even the private sector has those same initiatives primarily because it helps them get tax breaks and shyt if they can say x % of their spend was with MBE/MWBE. My Company services both Gov't, Private, and Public Companies. We are consistently tasked with researching and tracking Minority spend for our Clients.
Thanks for the info. I’m thinking of doing the being a middle man or positioning myself as an IT consultant 🤔 I gotta keep learning

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Didn’t watch that video but been doing GovTech for a while. Once I got my clearance, shyt’s been cake.

Clearancejobs is a godsend. Just make sure you make your resume federally formatted, I had no idea there was such a drastic difference.
I used to have a clearance but it expired (veteran) . What's the fastest way to get a clearance without enlisting again (does me having it in the past make it easier)?

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
I used to have a clearance but it expired (veteran) . What's the fastest way to get a clearance without enlisting again (does me having it in the past make it easier)?
Either find a sponsor or just apply and let them know in the application process that you previously had one. You should get privilege.

I came in as a civilian so you’d be better off than I was.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Either find a sponsor or just apply and let them know in the application process that you previously had one. You should get privilege.

I came in as a civilian so you’d be better off than I was.
How do you just apply? I thought that only employers could give you the SF86? I'm not trying to troll, I legitimately would like to know since clearances seems to be the way to go nowadays. Trying to get my foot in the door before MAGAts close that option as well.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
How do you just apply? I thought that only employers could give you the SF86? I'm not trying to troll, I legitimately would like to know since clearances seems to be the way to go nowadays. Trying to get my foot in the door before MAGAts close that option as well.
USAjobs.gov, search for your potential job and add “direct hire” on the end.

That’s how I got in, they allowed me to get sponsored by a contractor then I was able to float around. But you’re right, the clearances are the only way but that was my in.

For me, “data scientist direct hire” that shyt will drop your results down to less than a handful but it’s all luck after that. I set up an alert for new direct hire weekly ads.

Good luck fam