Antonie Fuqua Directing Fred Hampton Flick

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:wow:

To go along with green lighting Equalizer 2 with him at the helm (meh for me but good for those of you who really liked it), Sony is producing his passion project on Fred Hampton:banderas:

EXCLUSIVE: As he prepares to re-team with Denzel Washington in The Equalizer 2, Antoine Fuqua has signed his Fuqua Films to a first look deal with the Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group. The deal starts with The Equalizer 2, which starts production in the fall and will be released September 14, 2018. Fuqua will bring into the Sony fold several of his percolating projects, including what he hopes will be his followup directing project. He has long wanted to make a film about Fred Hampton, the Black Panthers revolutionary who headed the Illinois chapter of the BPP and was deputy chairman of the national organization. Hampton was assassinated while sleeping at his apartment during a raid by the Chicago Police Department and FBI in December 1969, with his death later ruled a justifiable homicide. Chris Smith has written a script, based on the Jeffrey Haas’ book The Assassination of Fred Hampton: How the FBI and the Chicago Police Murdered a Black Panther.

Sony Sets ‘Equalizer 2’ Helmer Antoine Fuqua First Look; Black Panther Fred Hampton Pic Looms

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Bump..for such a supposed pro black forum, lol no love for a movie on one of the most influential black men in history and one of the most influential black panther members?

Might play better in TLR, but I don't know what race Fuqua's wife is so hold off on that :lolbron:

My stance is, yay on the blackness, nay on the biopic-ness, but I'll probably watch.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Might play better in TLR, but I don't know what race Fuqua's wife is so hold off on that :lolbron:

My stance is, yay on the blackness, nay on the biopic-ness, but I'll probably watch.

:russ: Coli film board going to be on our necks again. BUT, there is a chance they'll suggest Daddario to play Fuqua's wife in the movie even though he's just directing

Edit: Just remembered he's married to Lela Rochon. So he'd get a pass....but they'd still cast Daddario as Rochon because of titty meats

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I'm scared of what he might do with this film to be honest.
I'm hoping its not whitewashed, but if he goes real deep with it all the politics associated with what he was trying to do and all the politics associated with what was being planned against him, the FBI trying to get them to kill each other and everything else, this could be a classic.

That said I can't believe that any of the studios would let him put the true story of what happened on film.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm scared of what he might do with this film to be honest.
I'm hoping its not whitewashed, but if he goes real deep with it all the politics associated with what he was trying to do and all the politics associated with what was being planned against him, the FBI trying to get them to kill each other and everything else, this could be a classic.

That said I can't believe that any of the studios would let him put the true story of what happened on film.

What in Fuqua's history makes you believe it'll be whitewashed? It might not be as intelligent as I'd like it to be and it might be pulpy as hell, but whitewashed?

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
but I don't know what race Fuqua's wife
Lela+Rochon+Antoine+Fuqua+Overture+Films+Premiere+T3QoKxDBoAjl.jpg

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
What in Fuqua's history makes you believe it'll be whitewashed? It might not be as intelligent as I'd like it to be and it might be pulpy as hell, but whitewashed?
In this instance my use of white washing doesn't mean casting with white people, it means leaving shyt out about how he was assasinated the the role the state and federal government played in murdering him.
I hope the length and depth of involvement of the US government isnt filterd out into just a racist chicago police department or something like that.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
In this instance my use of white washing doesn't mean casting with white people, it means leaving shyt out about how he was assasinated the the role the state and federal government played in murdering him.
I hope the length and depth of involvement of the US government isnt filterd out into just a racist chicago police department or something like that.

I hear you but my question still stands. This is his passion project and he's never shied away from raw shyt