Anton Yelchin dead at 27

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
Yikes. I hope the cause of death is more complicated than not knowing how to park his SUV. That'd be death by stupidity.

I only know him as the stolen boy in "alpha dog" 11 years ago. He had an innocent, pathetic facial expression that got him typecast over the years? That hairline receded FAST.

RIP Anton Yelchin

doublex

Pro
Daps
Yikes. I hope the cause of death is more complicated than not knowing how to park his SUV. That'd be death by stupidity.

I only know him as the stolen boy in "alpha dog" 11 years ago. He had an innocent, pathetic facial expression that got him typecast over the years? That hairline receded FAST.
RIP Anton Yelchin
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/anton-yelchin-dead-jeep-recall-rollaway-1201799252/
Jeep That Killed Anton Yelchin Had Been Recalled for ‘Rollaway Risk’

One of the comments on the article:

I knew right off the bat that he was driving a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee, the same one I am driving. The same thing happened to me. Because the shifter always returns to the same position, its extremely easy, before getting use to it, to think your car is in park when it is actually in neutral. What this article didn’t mention was that all Jeep sent out was a warning that this could happen – with assurances that they are working on a way to fix it and will officially recall the vehicles once they do. Such a waste of a talented individual.

Daps
:what: Rip and all that but dude was a movie star driving around in a Jeep Grand Cherokee?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Robbo

All Star
Daps
I was talking to a co worker about this, she has a Jeep and she confirmed that she has the same model, received a notice from her dealership about it which also stated that they were working on a fix and would send notice when it was available. She told me that there have been times when she thought she was in park but the car would continue rolling.

yea i have a '14 and got the recall notice. The way its worded makes it sound stupid. It says something like if you don't put the car in park it can keep going and cause injury, or something like that. The electronic shifter takes a while to get used to, but I always check and make sure its in park. If you open the door and its not in park, the screen will tell you as well. i guess if you turn the car off in neutral, that's where it gets fukked.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Put your car in neutral on an incline without pulling the emergency break bruhs