Antoine Fuqua is set to direct a Michael Jackson biopic for Lionsgate. (Update: Nephew Jafar Jackson cast to play MJ)

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
MJ recorded everything and has stacks and stacks of footage. Some of it leaked to the fans but most is still kept locked away. I always thought they should remaster the concerts and put them out in the cinema because its the closest you'd get to experiencing the King do his thing without duplication or imitation.

The booming system and immense visuals would make it the second best thing and people would line up to see him again, worldwide.

At the bare minimum they could keep his name out there by upping stuff like this on his socials:

But the fact that they tried to kill him again after death then downplay his talents and achievements tells you everything about how they feel about him. Just like Bruce Lee in that respect.

I don't think I've yet seen a big budget bigger than life MJ documentary. With the right director and a good narrator, that shyt will be like a movie, but better. You can have it in 2 parts, especially with all the footages you talked about.

I feel that a regular movie, despite how good it is, won't be legendary enough for MJ stature, compared to real footage of him retracing his life.

The biopic road seems to be lazy IMO.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I don't think I've yet seen a big budget bigger than life MJ documentary. With the right director and a good narrator, that shyt will be like a movie, but better. You can have it in 2 parts, especially with all the footages you talked about.

I feel that a regular movie, despite how good it is, won't be legendary enough for MJ stature, compared to real footage of him retracing his life.

I suggest you watch the two documentaries Spike Lee directed.

Michael Jackson’s Journey from Motown To Off The Wall

Michael Jackson Bad25

Both are EXCELLENT. Personally I prefer the Bad doc (Bad is my favorite MJ album) but both have some really great insight into Michael’s mindstate when he was making both albums

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Interesting choice.

Lots of the same color as MJs voice without sounding like a clone.

Really lowkey it could turn out to be a brilliant casting decision

He already looks VERY MUCH like MJ (figures) so they won’t have to worry too much about obsessing over Michael’s many facial changes. Traditional makeup should do the trick to get as close to “look” as possible without it looking like some Flex Alexander monstrosity.

He can sing and he can mimic MJ’s voice to the point where it won’t sound like parody. The last thing you want is for people to be turned off or even worse, laughing during a two hour film because an actot couldn’t quite nail the voice.

Since he’s a Jackson, MJ’s showmanship and natural charisma is already in his blood. He’s just got to tap into it. He’s got the best research sources in his own FATHER and uncles. He was 14 when MJ died, so he’s the ONLY actor theu could have chosen who can say he met and spent time around the man himself, which will prove an invaluable resource.

I think there are more potential Pros than cons in this casting. Most of the time when big movies like this cast an unknown, they surround them with a bunch veterans throughout the rest of the cast, with the goal being that their professionalism and experience will rub off on the younger actor and help them elevate in certain scenes. I feel like, with Jaafar’s casting, this film could fly or sink with who they choose as the supporting cast in 4-5 KEY roles.

You see biopics frequently employee 1-2 supporting characters who were around during the subject’s rise and some of their fall to act as an avatar for the audience. The purpose of this character is to show important circumstances or events where the need requires to step “outside” the main subject’s viewpoint. For example, to show the real world impact of Thriller or the seismic reaction to the Motown 25 performance. These characters in biopics are usually lifelong friends, lovers, or managers.

The issue with MJ is that its hard to pinpoint 1-2 people who were credibly around for the ENTIRE ride. Michael didn’t trust easy and he could be a ruthless businessman who routinely fired managers, agents, and lawyers who fukked up.

But there is ONE person who could serve such a role, and of the producers of the film go in this direction it could potentially serve as the second most important role in the film

Bill Bray

Bill Bray was Michael’s head of security from the time Michael was 12 until around he was 40. He is listed as Head of security for EVERY one of Michael’s adult tours (Triumph, Victory, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory) and he was physically present during many of Michael’s historic moments (Grammy night 1984, Motown 25, the Pepsi burning incident, marriage to Lisa Ann Presley, etc) he and Michael were very close to the point where MJ called him a second father. Getting the right actor for this role should be paramount.

I nominate Jeffrey Wright

Last edited:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
So what's the consensus of Jafar playing the role? I saw some headlines on a quick Google search that say he sounds like MJ

But I remember around when he passed they had leaked audio of Michael saying he does NOT fukk with Jermaine...

:patrice:

Suzie

Pro
Daps
MJ recorded everything and has stacks and stacks of footage. Some of it leaked to the fans but most is still kept locked away. I always thought they should remaster the concerts and put them out in the cinema because its the closest you'd get to experiencing the King do his thing without duplication or imitation.

The booming system and immense visuals would make it the second best thing and people would line up to see him again, worldwide.

At the bare minimum they could keep his name out there by upping stuff like this on his socials:

But the fact that they tried to kill him again after death then downplay his talents and achievements tells you everything about how they feel about him. Just like Bruce Lee in that respect.
Please delete those videos. That was stolen from his Remington engineers laptop during a presentation. Absolutely horrible.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps

I been saying that they need to release Destiny (second leg), Victory, and especially Triumph shows.
Branca don't wanna deal with the brothers, but his excuse is the footage is not high enough quality to release.
Bullshyt.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know

He already looks VERY MUCH like MJ (figures) so they won’t have to worry too much about obsessing over Michael’s many facial changes. Traditional makeup should do the trick to get as close to “look” as possible without it looking like some Flex Alexander monstrosity.

He can sing and he can mimic MJ’s voice to the point where it won’t sound like parody. The last thing you want is for people to be turned off or even worse, laughing during a two hour film because an actot couldn’t quite nail the voice.

Since he’s a Jackson, MJ’s showmanship and natural charisma is already in his blood. He’s just got to tap into it. He’s got the best research sources in his own FATHER and uncles. He was 14 when MJ died, so he’s the ONLY actor theu could have chosen who can say he met and spent time around the man himself, which will prove an invaluable resource.

I think there are more potential Pros than cons in this casting. Most of the time when big movies like this cast an unknown, they surround them with a bunch veterans throughout the rest of the cast, with the goal being that their professionalism and experience will rub off on the younger actor and help them elevate in certain scenes. I feel like, with Jaafar’s casting, this film could fly or sink with who they choose as the supporting cast in 4-5 KEY roles.

You see biopics frequently employee 1-2 supporting characters who were around during the subject’s rise and some of their fall to act as an avatar for the audience. The purpose of this character is to show important circumstances or events where the need requires to step “outside” the main subject’s viewpoint. For example, to show the real world impact of Thriller or the seismic reaction to the Motown 25 performance. These characters in biopics are usually lifelong friends, lovers, or managers.

The issue with MJ is that its hard to pinpoint 1-2 people who were credibly around for the ENTIRE ride. Michael didn’t trust easy and he could be a ruthless businessman who routinely fired managers, agents, and lawyers who fukked up.

But there is ONE person who could serve such a role, and of the producers of the film go in this direction it could potentially serve as the second most important role in the film

Bill Bray

Bill Bray was Michael’s head of security from the time Michael was 12 until around he was 40. He is listed as Head of security for EVERY one of Michael’s adult tours (Triumph, Victory, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory) and he was physically present during many of Michael’s historic moments (Grammy night 1984, Motown 25, the Pepsi burning incident, marriage to Lisa Ann Presley, etc) he and Michael were very close to the point where MJ called him a second father. Getting the right actor for this role should be paramount.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps

Bill Bray

On point. Especially about Bill Bray.:salute:

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
The question has always been who will play older Mike.
Since we're talking nephews, the answer has been under our noses the whole time.

avatars-wqq84OEGgqkd9Z36-sK8AaA-t500x500.jpg

Tito's son, TJ Jackson.
My first choice was Taryll Jackson(on the right), but he'd have to lose mad weight.
I remember when mfs accused MJ of having his nephews get plastic surgery to look like him.
MC5qcGVn.jpeg

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Spike Lee’s Bad documentary?