Anthem | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Not really feeling this shyt im prob done especially with division coming out in two weeks :beli: maybe i come back once they drop more content

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I just beat story :francis:

This is a 6 out of 10 game :ld:

Gameplay and mechanics are dope. The fighting is smooth and the game looks gorgeous and Each javelin is very different. But everything else is underwhelming. If it was just on gameplay I’d give it an 8 out of 10 but I can’t ignore all this games issues.

The story had alot of potential and some good characters but it all falls flat. The story seemed rushed and they never really explain anything.

Everything in Fort Tarsis was a waste of time. Having to go back to this dead hub after evey mission was a drag. Other than people with story quest and contracts, the random characters you can interact with serve no purpose. They don’t set up missions or progress the story at all. It’s literally random soap opera shyt after every mission. You don’t really have a choice is the dialogue. Just two vague answers to everything.

Seemed like they were creating two different games and decided to merge them.

It’s too hard to play with friends. Almost seems like game was designed to play with randoms

Other than long loading screens i had very few technical issues. I was never kicked off or had any issues at all during missions.

I’ll get to level 30 and try grandmaster. Doubt i play much after

We better get dragon age 4 :sadcam: We have to go to Tevinter

Bioware/EA stay fukking up :snoop:

Y’all killed Mass Effect for this :mjcry:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Fort Tarsis is simply bad. It's poorly optimized for a glorified walking/quest giving simulator. They need to improve quality of life with in the Fort. Improve the map(actual map too) , interaction, performance, and also make it fun. They should allow people to invite to your Fort to partake in mini games, story quest(Investigation or etc) and give the player their own personal quarters to customize and make this waste of space have some purpose.

The whole cycle of going to mission bay- loading--mission--loading--Fort-- NPC- Rinse and repeat is a horrible game path.

What should have been done is simply make free play the essential game mode and let players transverse and keep them actually playing the game and participating in the amazing game world while on their way to missions and strongholds.

If player wants convenience. Give them an option in the menu to fast travel to missions. Make getting to the mission an adventure in of itself.

Once you get the marker and manuelly trigger a mission. Then it does it's whole locking you into a strict path to said mission is over. Once it's over, you go back to free player and travel to the next mission or world event.

The whole constant back and forth battle of loading screen and Fort Taris is simply more of a grind than the actual grind.

If you want to interact with NPC. Great, going back to Fort Taris is a great, but forcing the player to quit having fun to get quests is bad game design. Quest should be given through in game transmission to keep the pace and flow going consistently. When players are ready for a solid break around Fort Taris. Make it something worth going back too... Not a complete drag that it is..

Anthem has a great game world and they consistently refuse to let it take centerstage unless you goto freeplay.

And fix the shytty overheating mechanism while tranversing. I'm fine with it in combat, but it is a buzz kill while transversing. I hate this more than weapon degradation.

My 2 cents.

Other than that... Pretty big fan of the game. Got it for free. So, I'm enjoying.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Fort Tarsis is simply bad. It's poorly optimized for a glorified walking/quest giving simulator. They need to improve quality of life with in the Fort. Improve the map(actual map too) , interaction, performance, and also make it fun. They should allow people to invite to your Fort to partake in mini games, story quest(Investigation or etc) and give the player their own personal quarters to customize and make this waste of space have some purpose.

The whole cycle of going to mission bay- loading--mission--loading--Fort-- NPC- Rinse and repeat is a horrible game path.

What should have been done is simply make free play the essential game mode and let players transverse and keep them actually playing the game and participating in the amazing game world while on their way to missions and strongholds.

If player wants convenience. Give them an option in the menu to fast travel to missions. Make getting to the mission an adventure in of itself.

Once you get the marker and manuelly trigger a mission. Then it does it's whole locking you into a strict path to said mission is over. Once it's over, you go back to free player and travel to the next mission or world event.

The whole constant back and forth battle of loading screen and Fort Taris is simply more of a grind than the actual grind.

If you want to interact with NPC. Great, going back to Fort Taris is a great, but forcing the player to quit having fun to get quests is bad game design. Quest should be given through in game transmission to keep the pace and flow going consistently. When players are ready for a solid break around Fort Taris. Make it something worth going back too... Not a complete drag that it is..

Anthem has a great game world and they consistently refuse to let it take centerstage unless you goto freeplay.

And fix the shytty overheating mechanism while tranversing. I'm fine with it in combat, but it is a buzz kill while transversing. I hate this more than weapon degradation.

My 2 cents.

Other than that... Pretty big fan of the game. Got it for free. So, I'm enjoying.
smh its wack u gotta find components for over heating

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
they gotta buff ranger :mjlol:

either these cooldowns gotta be damn near instant or the damage/effect needs to go through the roof. there's no point of any of these grenades when the storm gets multiple casts, the same AoE, and damage - and the interceptor can fill the same role as the ranger while also adding CC/melee to the mix as well

some of the masterworks for ranger are damned good. afaik, you can get 3-4 ultimates in under a minute if you're cooking right... and people gotta start looking at that ult as a detonator not just pure damage too. as far as i know, its the only ult that you can active while flying (not hovering) so its actually legit for revives between that at the bulwark

but its missing something. i get the jack of all trades thing, but the emphasis on single point damage could be highlighted better. and if the ability utility comes from much shorter cooldowns and cast time, then there should be reload buffs tied to a lot of stuff as well.

loot update already coming soon too :banderas:

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
this game really on pace to have more signficant updates in a month than destiny 2 had in a year :mjlol:
Tbf that's more of an indictment on Bungie. Great developer but will take 6 months for the most basic of fixes (EP shotgun, Grav Lance meta, Mida meta, still haven't fixed Cluster 'strat' etc)

Bodes well that Bioware are more responsive

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Games needs a co-op horde multiplayer like ME:A's or even the Division after 1.18. Would go a long way in satisfying end game content

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Games needs a co-op horde multiplayer like ME:A's or even the Division after 1.18. Would go a long way in satisfying end game content
some of the ideas they've responded to have been pretty dope on reddit at least

monster hunter styled hunts and even titans attacking the walls :banderas:

i'm glad the psn sale hit when it did though. I've got tons of shyt to play in the meantime instead of trying to no-life this for the time being

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
some of the ideas they've responded to have been pretty dope on reddit at least

monster hunter styled hunts and even titans attacking the walls :banderas:

i'm glad the psn sale hit when it did though. I've got tons of shyt to play in the meantime instead of trying to no-life this for the time being
Facts, Div 2 beta this weekend (I'm definitely copping regardless) & Metro Exodus will keep man's fed for a minute.

There's even the new Destiny dlc but for whatever reason I've lost a lot of love for that game.

Will never understand no lifing a game for 100 hours in a week and then complaining about 'no content'. Some gamers are weird style.

Can you link where they talked about Monster Hunter styled hunts? :ohhh: sounds interesting af

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Facts, Div 2 beta this weekend (I'm definitely copping regardless) & Metro Exodus will keep man's fed for a minute.

There's even the new Destiny dlc but for whatever reason I've lost a lot for that game.

Will never understand no lifing a game for 100 hours in a week and then complaining about 'no content'. Some gamers are weird style.

Can you link where they talked about Monster Hunter styled hunts? :ohhh: sounds interesting af
ever since they updated reddit a few years back i been ass at linking any of their comments specifically

the developer feedback has been dope though. once they knock out all the essential shyt that's performance and network related that goes along with most releases they'll probably start throwing out larger update schedules

its dope that they're not tying the updates directly to content too... that shyt was always unnecessary as hell