Another One - Former Baltimore DA Marilyn Mosby found guilty of Mortgage fraud....

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
LOL, so she tanked her career over such a nominal amount of money. she was lying in order to get access to her retirement account to use as a down payment on a house :snoop:
White folks was on her ass. They took down a former mayor whose about to win another term later this over some gift cards. They got the last mayor up outta here over a children's book scandal.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Prosecutors say Mosby used a bogus COVID hardship claim to withdraw money from retirement accounts to buy two Florida vacation homes.

Mosby bought a $545,000 house near Disney World in Kissimmee, Florida in the summer of 2020. She also purchased a luxury $476,000 condo on the waterfront in Longboat Key in early 2021.

Prosecutors say she lied about a $5,000 gift from her then-husband for a deposit on one home.

Federal prosecutors traced the money from her own bank account to her then-husband. The money was then wired back to her bank account.

Mosby also did not disclose that she owed $45,000 in federal income taxes. And she lied that she was a first-time homebuyer to secure a lower interest rate.

@vino @Wiseborn spoke to soon

Mosby testified that she signed the loan applications in good faith. She said she trusted real estate professionals and her then-husband during a stressful time.

vino

Superstar
Daps
Prosecutors say Mosby used a bogus COVID hardship claim to withdraw money from retirement accounts to buy two Florida vacation homes.

Mosby bought a $545,000 house near Disney World in Kissimmee, Florida in the summer of 2020. She also purchased a luxury $476,000 condo on the waterfront in Longboat Key in early 2021.

Prosecutors say she lied about a $5,000 gift from her then-husband for a deposit on one home.

Federal prosecutors traced the money from her own bank account to her then-husband. The money was then wired back to her bank account.

Mosby also did not disclose that she owed $45,000 in federal income taxes. And she lied that she was a first-time homebuyer to secure a lower interest rate.

@vino @Wiseborn spoke to soon

Mosby testified that she signed the loan applications in good faith. She said she trusted real estate professionals and her then-husband during a stressful time.

Been in mortgage industry for over a decade. I have seen fake companies made, fake bank statements and transactions done. Those loans were filed with fraud and they were placed Fannie Freddie list of do not lend. This is not common to prosecute to this extent.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Here's what happened:

prosecutors started looking in to her for this

and they found this: the 5,000 mortgage fraud thing when they were going over all her transactions. That's pretty bullshyt stuff.

when she wouldn't plea, they stacked on all the charges and tried her on both. Some of that is pretty thin, like convictions on perjury but no fraud, but I haven't read enough.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Been in mortgage industry for over a decade. I have seen fake companies made, fake bank statements and transactions done. Those loans were filed with fraud and they were placed Fannie Freddie list of do not lend. This is common to prosecute to this extent.

You must have forgot that elected officials especially those in law enforcement are subject to standards and scrutiny and unlike those working at a Amazon fulfillment

They swear an oath...or did you forget? :mjgrin:

vino

Superstar
Daps
You must have forgot that elected officials especially those in law enforcement are subject to standards and scrutiny and unlike those of people working at a UPS warehouse

Again, if you think companies I worked for haven’t close loans for official or I haven’t seen them report sketchy stuff then you’re wrong. Seen it and they were denied and filed. This is an overstep and vindictive

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Again, if you think companies I worked for haven’t close loans for official or I haven’t seen them report sketchy stuff then you’re wrong. Seen it and they were denied and filed. This is an overstep and vindictive

She should sue then, right?